Banana Cheese Rolls are a delicious deep fried banana bread roll filled with cheese and ube that just hits the all the sweet and salty notes you might be craving. Want to upgrade your usual banana bread into something more savory? Try out this recipe!
Why try this Recipe?
Suddenly craving cheese rolls from Mary Grace but don’t want to go through all the effort or don’t have enough time to wait for the dough to rise, ingredients missing, or just the lack of some ingredients? Then this easy cheese rolls recipe is for you! These are even quite healthy (cheese roll calories amount to around 180 calories per roll) even as fried due to the amount of bananas added, and for those gluten-conscious you can also choose to use gluten free flours or rice flour as an all purpose substitute. The Banana Cheese Roll ingredients for this recipe are: ripe bananas, the riper the better, your favorite powdered milk, all purpose flour as a thickener, and sugar for added sweetness. Mixed together till you get a nice smooth and thick batter. Filled with a smooth and creamy ube halaya with a nice slab of cheese, molded into donut shaped balls. Then, coated in egg wash to help bind the breadcrumbs. Fried till golden, strained of the excess oils or enjoyed immediately while hot!
This easy Banana Cheese roll recipe is very much worth your time, is easy to make, fill up with your own choice of fillings, you can even keep the cooked rolls into a container to be chilled in the fridge heating up up the next day using a microwave, oven, or refry in oil to get an even crispier roll the next day to enjoy as an afternoon snack or dessert.
Banana Cheese Rolls Tips:
- Do I need to use only Ube Halaya or Cheese?
You can use either ube halaya or cheese, chocolate, choice of chocolate, candy, red bean, or any choice of filling that you like. Just make sure that these aren’t so liquidy and can be easily manipulated into the thick batter.
- What bananas to use?
You can use any type of bananas for savory and sweet dishes. But the best choice of bananas are the overripe or very matured and completely browned bananas. These are sweeter and stronger in flavor.
- Make it healthy?
Some people have made these in the air fryer to give it a somewhat similar crispness. Less oil does help make it a healthy banana cheese roll.
Banana Cheese RollsCourse: SnacksCuisine: Filipino
½ kilo saba banana
½ cup powdered milk
¾ cup all purpose flour
⅓ cup sugar
1 large egg (whisked)
1 cup bread crumbs
Fillings: Cheese (sliced into strips) and Ube Halaya
- In a bottom heavy pot, place the bananas and fill with enough water for boiling. Cook for 15 to 20 minutes at medium heat. Take it off the heat and strain.
- Once it cools down slightly, peel the bananas. Place them on a pan or plate and mash into a smooth paste. Place the mashed bananas into a bowl, add in powdered milk, all purpose flour, and sugar. Mix well. Knead with your hands if the batter feels too thick.
- Grease hands or gloved hands with oil. Scoop around 2 tablespoons or more of the batter into your hands, flatten into a circle before placing a tablespoon of ube halaya and cheese in the middle. Cover the filling and mold this it into an oblong.
- Fully coat the banana roll in the egg wash before coating it with the breadcrumbs. Repeat the process till there’s no batter left. Prepare a pan with enough oil for deep frying. Once the oil is hot enough place in the banana rolls, cooking in batches to avoid sticking with each other.
- Flip once one side turns golden. After, place these in a strainer or over a kitchen towel to strain excess oil. Serve while it’s still warm and crisp!
Other Yummy Banana Bread Recipes!
- Double Chocolate banana Bread
- Chocolate banana Bread
- Chocolate Chip Banana Bread
- Banana Bread Toast
- Easy Banana Bread
- Moist Banana Bread
- Banana Wheat Bread
- Banana Raisin Bread
- Banana Coffee Cake
- Banana Cheese Balls
Banana Cheese Rolls Resipi: (Tagalog version)
Mga Sangkap :
- ½ kilo saba banana
- ½ cup powdered milk
- ¾ cup all purpose flour
- ⅓ cup asukal
- 1 large itlog (binati)
- 1 cup bread crumbs
- Palaman: Keso (nahinati ng pahaba) pati Ube Halaya
Paano Lutuin :
- Ilagay ang mga saba sa malaking kaserola at lagyan ng tubig pang kulo. Lutuin ng 15 o 20 na minuto sa katamtamang init.
- Tanggalin sa init at salain. Pag lumamig na ng konti, balatan ang mga saba at ilagay sa plato, lamasin hanggang mukang makinis.
- Sa isang mangkok, ilagay ang saging, powdered milk, all purpose flour, at asukal. Haluin ng mabuti. Masahin gamit ang mga kamay pag masyadong makapal ang batter.
- Grasahan ang mga kamay o guwantes ng mantikilya. Mga sandok ng 2 kutsara ng batter, patagin ng pabilog gamit ang mga kamay. Lagyan ng kutsarang ube halaya at keso sa gitna.
- Balutin mula sa mga gilid ng batter paloob, ikorte ng pa haba. Siguraduhing nakatakip ng maigi ang mga palaman.
- Maghanda ng isang plato at batihin ang itlog at isa pang plato na puno ng breadcrumbs. Ibabad ang ginawang saging na bola sa itlog bago takpan ng breadcrumbs. Ulitin hanggang maubos ang batter.
- Initin ang kawali sa katamtamang taas na init, lagyan ng mantika pang prito. Paguminit na ang mantika ilagay ang mga bola ng saging, lution ng mga pangkat para di sila magkadikit.
- Pagbaliktarin pag nag kulay golden na ang isang gilid, pagluto na ang bawat gilid ilugar ito sa salaan o kitchen towel para matanggal ang sobrang langis.
- Ihanda habang mainit at malutong pa!
These are even great for selling (pang negosyo) a soft banana bread filled with a delectable ube halaya and a choice of cheese to make it gooey and adds a slight salty note to blend and enhance all the flavors together, molded then fried to create that nice crisp outer skin, giving you a nice crunch in each bite.