This Cheesy Buttered Shrimp, a dish with many variations, all being equally delicious and simple to make. Most know of the different forms of this shrimp dish, from the simple and easy cheesy buttered shrimp known for its nicely seasoned shrimp slathered with a rich and savory sweet sauce made of butter, aromatics, some seasonings, simmered will you get nicely tender shrimp, some adding soda to make them extra succulent, spices, and cheese to add an aesthetically yummy touch. A simple buttered shrimp with sprite and cheese appetizer or main dish that not only looks fancy but is absolutely delicious!
How to make this Simple Cheesy Buttered Shrimp Recipe?
A dreamy creamy buttered shrimp made of just a few ingredients you can easily find anywhere. Level up your usual shrimp dishes by making this deliciously cheesy garlic butter shrimp recipe. From fresh shrimp bought from the wet market or grocery stores, are deveined then cleaned. Marinated in soda to not only add more flavor but helps keep in the moisture. While it’s marinating, prepare the sauce, heat up some butter that helps add richness, saute in some garlic, salt, pepper, tomato paste for a strong savory taste, and oyster sauce for a bit of umami flavor. Add in the drained shrimp and saute till it every shrimp if coated in this delectable sauce. Pour in a bit of soda and let it simmer for a few minutes till the sauce looks thicker, topping with your choice of cheese, garnished with some parley for some pop of color to finish up this cheesy shrimp recipe.
Why use Soda in this recipe?
Using a soda adds to the pH levels of the shrimp this means that it helps you avoid the rubbery texture most seafoods have when overcooked. Meaning, it keeps these plump with moisture which prevents the seafood from overcooking. In this recipe, the soda of choice is Sprite’s lemon flavored soda. Not only does this add a nice touch of sweetness but also gives you a refreshingly clean lemony taste.
Cheesy Buttered ShrimpCourse: Uncategorized
500 grams shrimp
1 cup Sprite (lemon soda)
¼ cup butter
6 cloves garlic, chopped
2 tablespoons tomato paste
2 tablespoons oyster sauce
Salt and black pepper to taste
½ teaspoon paprika (optional)
Parsley for garnish
- Devein the shrimps. Use a toothpick to poke a few cm across back, near the head of the shrimp. Pull the toothpick out, this helps bring out the vein which just needs a quick pull to fully take out. Repeat and wash the shrimps well.
- Place these in a bowl, and fill it with ⅔ cup of Sprite. Marinade for 30 minutes then drain.
While waiting, heat up the butter and cook the garlic until aromatic. Then add in the tomato paste and saute for 2 – 3 minutes before adding the oyster sauce. Mix well.
- Place in the drained shrimps. Mix till these are fully covered with the sauce. Add ⅓ cup of Sprite and bring to a simmer. Add salt, pepper, and paprika to taste.
- Cook till the sauce has slightly reduced. Top with as much shredded cheese (Quickmelt) as you like. Once it melts, garnish with parsley.
- Serve with a side of rice.
Other Yummy Shrimp Recipes!
- Chili Garlic Shrimp
- Garlic Butter Crab and Shrimp
- Sizzling Gambas al ajillo (Garlic Shrimp)
- Shrimp Alfredo
- Ginisang Sayote with Shrimp and Pork
- Shrimp Teriyaki
- Shrimp with Broccoli
Cheesy Buttered Shrimp Resipi: (Tagalog version)
Mga Sangkap :
- 500 gramo ng hipon
- ¼ tasa ng mantikilya
- 6 butil ng bawang
- 2 kutsarang tomato paste
- 2 kutsarang oyster sauce
- ½ kutsaritang paprika (opsyonal)
- Asin at paminta panglasa
- 1 tasa ng Sprite (lemon soda)
- Keso (quickmelt)
- Parsley pang dekorasyon
Paano Lutuin :
- Para ma-devein ang mga hipon. Gumamit ng toothpick at sundutin ang likod ng hipon malapit sa ulo. Hilahin ang toothpick para lumabas ang ugat, hilahin ang ugat para maguha ito. Ulitin at hugasin ang mga hipon.
- Ilagay ang mga ito sa isang mangkok at ibabad sa ⅔ tasa ng Sprite. I-marinade ng 30 minuto, at salain pagkatapos.
- Sa isang kawali, initin ang mantikilya at lutuin ang bawang hanggang mabango. Isama ang tomato paste at lutuin ng 2 – 3 na minuto bago haluan ng oyster sauce.
- Ilagay ang mga sinalang hipon at haluin hanggang mapahiran ang mga ito ng sarsa. Lagyan ng ⅓ tasa ng Sprite at pakuluin. Haluan ng asin, paminta, at paprika. Lutuin hanggang medyo nabawasan ang sarsa.
- Lagyan ng madaming keso (Quickmelt). Pagnatunaw na ito dekorasyonan ng parsley.
- Ihanda kasama ng kanin.