Banana bread? Is deliciously easy and tasty. But Chocolate Banana Bread, now that’s a whole new level of sweet ‘healthy’ goodness anyone would love to indulge in. This recipe makes a moist and balanced sweet chocolate banana cake with a creamy decadent chocolate top that will impress your family or any incoming guest. Try out this quick and easy recipe that just needs a few steps of preparation, a few minutes of mixing, baking, and your ready to take a slice!
Why do people love to add chocolate everywhere?
Why do we crave the deliciously velvety bittersweet taste of chocolates? Frost chocolate bars, chocolate dipped fruit or candies, thickly chocolate frosting coated cakes and other delightful desserts chocolate is an undeniable sweet treat no one can deny!
The best chocolates are the ones that has a captivatingly sweet aroma, taste great and has a beautifully smooth melt in your mouth texture. Eating chocolate actually releases a feel good neurotransmitter called ‘dopamine’ its part of the frontal lobe, hypothalamus and hippocampus; anytime dopamine is released it gives the body a sensation of joy. Part of the dopamine effect is determined by genetics but it can also be influenced by life experiences and special preferences. And because dopamine is being released in the body it experiences joy, which also helps releaser and lower stress levels. This is why when people will anxious and stressed they crave the comfort and reassurance of food, namely chocolate. It also helps act as a mood booster since it also gives you a spike of sugar high for a little while.
Chocolate also contains magnesium which a lot of people especially women are deficient in. While chocolate is not a magnesium rich food, compare to figs, avocados, leafy vegetables, nuts. Chocolate or rather dark chocolate is an easy, convenient and popular treat to get it from. Dark chocolate is called the ‘healthy chocolate’ because of its low amount of sugar per serving.
What inside a piece of chocolate? Adding to make Chocolate Banana Bread
Chocolates are made of cacao beans, which are grown, produced, and consumed in America. Chocolates have been here since a thousand of years that Maya and Aztec have even made a drink out of cocoa called ‘xocolatl’ which means ‘bitter water’. These were seen as a drink Aztec kings could only drink. Raw cocoa or ‘baba de cacao’ is extremely bitter; the beans are husked releasing a pulp with an intense tropical lemon and apple flavor, this also has a sweet and acidic taste with sticky texture. The beans are fermented for a few days and are then dried and roasted. Roasting is needed as cacaos have a lot of chemical compounds including a 3-methylbutanoic acids and dimethyl trisulfide which creates a rancid odor.
What made the chocolate from bitter water into a creamy silky chocolate that’s usually wrapped in colorful and delicate packaging? The addition of fat and sugar depends on how you like your milk chocolate bar to be. Sugar is added to make the chocolate taste less bitter and depending on the bar of chocolate you take some may even replace these with honey or non. The fat or cocoa butter gives the chocolate the creamy consistency it needs to help break down and make it smooth; it has a letting point lover than the usual temperature of the human body, which gives the effect of quickly melting in your mouth. While there are many additives in chocolate like caffeine and sugars as long as you eat them in moderation chocolate or a better coide of dark chocolate is good for you.
Have a go at this sweetly made cake that will surely put a smile on your and everyone’s faces!
Chocolate banana breadCourse: Dessert, Snacks
A chocolaty almost fudge treat in a ‘healthy’ way
1& ½ cups all purpose flour
½ cup cocoa powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
½ teaspoon baking powder
½ cup unsalted butter
1/3 cup packed brown sugar
2 large eggs
1 & 2/3 cup mashed ripe bananas
- Chocolate ganache
½ cup chocolate
¼ cup milk
2 teaspoons unsalted butter
- For the cake
- In a bowl, mix together all purpose flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, baking powder. Set aside
- In another bowl, cream butter and brown sugar till fluffy. Add the bananas and eggs. Mix well.
- Add half of the dry mixture and fold, add last of the dry ingredients and fold well. Set aside.
- Grease a bread pan generously with oil. Pour the banana batter. Level the batter and tap 3 times.
- Bake in a 350°F or 180°C preheated oven for 20 to 25 minutes. Poke the middle of the bread with toothpick, this should come out clean or with dry bits if its ready. Take this out to cool for 7 minutes.
- Scrape the sides with a knife and flip, let this fully cool on a rack.
- Chocolate ganache
- In a bowl add chocolate, milk, and butter. Melt in the microwave for 30 – 35 seconds.
- Mix well and set in the fridge for 7 – 10 minutes.
- When the cake has fully cooled spread the ganache over and sprinkle with chocolate chips to make it even chocolaty.
- Cover the top of the cake with foil if it looks too dark, this helps prevent the top of the bread from burning.
Chocolate banana bread recipe (tagalog)
- 1 at ½ tasa harina
- ½ tasa cocoa powder
- 1 kutsaritang baking soda
- ½ kutsaritang baking powder
- ½ tasa mantikilya na walang asin
- 1/3 tasa kayumangging asukal
- 2 malaking itlog
- 1 at 2/3 tasa saging na minasa
- ½ tasa tsokolate
- ¼ tasa gatas
- 2 kutsaritang mantikilya na walang asin
Para sa Keyk
- Sa mangkok, haluin ang harina, cocoa powder, baking soda, at baking powder. Itabi.
- Sa ibang mangkok haluin ang mantikilya at asukal hangang kremy. Dagdagin ang saging at itlog, haluin ng mabuti.
- Idagdag ang kalahati ng hinalong harina at haluin ng mabuti, idagdag ang natitirang harina at haluin ng mabuti. Itabi.
- Igrasa ang bread pa ng mantika. Ilagay ang batter at tapikin ng 3 beses.
- Iluto sa oben na may init ng 350°F o 180°C ng 20 o 25 na minuto. Sundutin ang gitna ng toothpick, dapat lumabas ito ng malinis o may tuyong piroso ng keyk. Palamigin ng 7 na minuto.
- Simutin ang gilid gamit ang kutsilyo, baliktarin ang pan at palamigin sa rack.
- sa mangkok lagyan ng tsokolate, gatas at mantikilya. Tunawin sa microwave ng 30 o 35 na Segundo.
- Haluin ng mabuti at palamigin sa ref ng 7 o 10 na minuto.
- Pagmalamig na ang keyk ikalat ang tsokolate sa itaas, pwede ding lagyan ng chocolate chips para madekorasyonan.