Banana bread is a sweet bread made by baking a cake batter made with over-ripe banana, eggs, sugar, baking soda, salt, oil and all purpose flour. This easy banana bread is very scrumptious version of our popular bread, with taste and aroma of ripe banana and softness of bread. This yummy kitchen moist banana bread recipe has very few ingredients to put together. Very ripe bananas make the best moist, tender banana loaf.
WHAT IT IS NO BAKE BANANA BREAD?
Banana loaf is one of the simplest to learn recipes. It is known as “quick bread” and therefore it is leavened instead of yeast but using of chemical leavening. It is also very fast and easy to make. You want to start with real ripe bananas to make the best banana loaf. It should not be thrown out overly ripe bananas. Save them to make banana loaf by storing it in the freezer. Ideally you would like to use black and very soft bananas. The most concentrated taste of banana and natural sweetness are very ripe bananas. These no bake banana loaf are fast and easy to prepare. The sweetness of the ripe banana helps the recipe to stay sweetened only by fruit, so there is a little need to add for sweeteners. Adding some raisins or nuts into this recipe is also a big factor. You are welcome to add them! Happy baking!
WHAT NO BAKE BANANA BREAD IS MADE OF?
Banana loaf is made with simple ingredients. You need an overripe banana, ideally a variety of “lakatan.” We use lakatan bananas, as they are mainly grown in the Philippines. Lakatan or “Lacatan” bananas are distinguished by their fragrance and sweet, firm texture when ripe. Lakatan bananas are ranked as some of the highest quality banana cultivars, sometimes favored as desserts, as opposed to popular cavendish or latundan varieties. The characteristics of lakatan bananas include a light orange to yellow appearance when fully ripe. The ripened fruits have become strongly aromatic and firm with a pulp texture that is sweeter than most banana varieties. If you don’t have real ripe bananas, you can easily rip them in the oven or pan. To ripen your bananas, leave the skin on and bake or cook for about 40 minutes in medium heat fire. Allow the oven or pan to cool the ripened bananas before making your banana bread.
Once you’ve got a ripe banana, peel off the skin and place the bananas in a bowl. Mash the bananas well with a potato masher or a fork. Add whole eggs, vanilla and oil to the mashed bananas and mix well with the use of wire whisk. Add the brown sugar and mix well until the sugar has completely incorporated. In a sifter, combine all-purpose flour, baking soda and salt and sift together on a banana mixture. Mix them with your wire whisk once completely sifted. Place the parchment paper on your loaf pan at the bottom of the pan. This is going to help remove the banana loaf easily. Make sure the size of your parchment paper is exactly the same as your loaf pan. Transfer the mixture of the banana loaf or the batter to the loaf pan and tap it on the table three times to release the air bubbles. Preheat the deep pan for at least 3 minutes. The pan must be wide enough to fit inside your loaf pan properly. After preheating, place the loaf pan inside the deep pan and cover with a lid cover and cook for 45 minutes or until well cooked. To find out if the banana loaf is finished completely, we can use a toothpick tester. Insert the toothpick in the middle of your banana loaf. If it comes out clean, your banana loaf is perfect. Let it cool down for a bit. Run your knife on the side edges of the loaf to remove the banana loaf easily. Turn the loaf pan upside down and remove the pan slowly. Remove the parchment paper and gently press the banana loaf to help flatten the top of your banana loaf. Then turn it upside down again and slice the banana loaf to your desired size. Your banana loaf is ready to serve. Happy cooking!
Moist Banana Bread without OvenCourse: Cake Recipes
4 piece overripe Banana (lakatan)
2 pieces eggs
1 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
3/4 cup brown sugar
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
3/4 cup oil
1 teaspoon vanilla
- Peel off the skin of banana and place it on a bowl. Mash the ripe bananas with fork or a potato masher.
- Add two whole eggs, oil, and vanilla and mix well. Add dark brown sugar and mix until sugar completely melted.
- Combine all purpose flour, baking soda and salt and sift to banana mixture. Mix well until fully incorporated.
- Transfer the banana mixture or batter to a loaf pan with parchment paper on the bottom of the pan. Tap the loaf pan three times to release air bubbles.
- Pre-heat the pan for 3 minutes. Place the loaf in the pan and cook it in low heat for 45 minutes or until done.
- Place a toothpick in the center of the banana loaf for checking to determine whether the loaf is already fully cooked. If it comes out clean, it’s a successful cake.
- Remove the loaf from pan and let it cool for a bit. Run a knife around the edge of the cake to remove the loaf easily. Turn upside down the cake to remove it from the pan. Remove the parchment paper and turn it again.
- Slice the cake on your desired sizes. Serve and enjoy!
- Parchment paper must be cut exactly the size of the bottom of the loaf pan to avoid deforming or uneven looks of the side edges of your cake.
- Add some nuts or raisins or cinnamon to this recipe and make your banana loaf more amazing.