This super moist Chocolate cake recipe is so easy to make! With just a few ingredients that are probably ready in your cupboard, you can have a delicious, moist Chocolate cake in no time! And for those who don’t have oven, here’s the good news. You don’t need an oven for this recipe!
Steamed Moist Chocolate Cake
One of my joys in cooking is experimenting new foods and recipes. I always play around with my go-to cake recipes, be it vanilla, chocolate or any base cake. I am often requested with some cake versions that don’t need oven as most people in our place don’t have one at home. So, when I am in the mood to experiment in the kitchen, I try to come with the perfect version of recipes and share with you.
We already have some other version of chocolate cake that doesn’t need oven. This Chocolate Cake No Oven No Eggs recipe is perfect for those who want to try no-oven version with no eggs on their cake. But if you happen to have oven and want to try it baked, no worries. This recipe can also be baked. Read the recipe notes below for more details for baking chocolate moist cake.
How to Cook Chocolate Moist Cake without Oven
There are so many chocolate cake recipes out there that you can try but you’re probably looking for something easier and tastier. This Chocolate moist cake might be your choice. I used steamer in cooking this chocolate cake. To prevent the moisture of the steamer to drip to the cake, I cover the baking pan with aluminum foil.
As for the frosting, I used a drip-like one made of milk, cocoa powder and sugar. For the glossy look, I added some butter. I also added some toppings but they are totally optional. Since I have those cute little chocolate chips lying in my refrigerator, I thought they might look good for the topping.
Moist Chocolate Cake (No-Oven)Course: cake recipe
Super moist, decadent Chocolate cake, covered with creamy chocolatey frosting, cooked by steaming. No oven needed!
- FOR CHOCOLATE CAKE
1 1/2 cup all purpose flour
1/2 cup cocoa powder (unsweetened) Use dutch-process cocoa
1 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 cup sugar
1 pc egg (large)
1/3 cup oil (canola, vegetable, coconut, etc)
3/4 cup milk (evaporated or fresh)
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1 tsp. instant coffee
1/2 cup hot water
- FOR CHOCOLATE FROSTING
1/2 cup cocoa powder (unsweetened) Use dutch-processed cocoa
1 cup milk (fresh or evaporated milk)
3 tsp. all purpose flour (or cornstarch) for thicker frosting
1/2 cup sugar
1 tbsp. butter
1 tsp, vanilla extract
- COOKING THE CAKE
- In a mixing bowl, sift all purpose flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Add sugar, Mix well.
- Then add oil, vanilla extract, egg and milk. Mix well. In a separate bowl, dissolve coffee powder in hot water. Then pour the hot coffee mixture to the cake mixture while stirring. Mix well until smooth and no lumps.
- Pour the cake batter to the baking pan lined with baking paper. I used 9-inch pan. Cover with foil. Steam for 40 to 45 minutes in medium-low heat.
- After 45 minutes, do toothpick test. If it comes out clean, it’s ready. Remove from heat and remove foil. Remove from pan and let it cool completely.
- FOR THE FROSTING
- In a pot, combine milk, cocoa, flour and sugar. Dissolve all powder. Cook in low heat until thick (around 5 to 8 minutes).
- Once thickened, turn off fire and add butter and vanilla extract. Stir to melt butter completely. Set aside and let it cool. The frosting becomes thicker when cooled down. (Frost your cake however you like)
Watch how to Cook Chocolate Moist Cake without Oven
- To bake this chocolate moist cake, pre-heat your oven to 180C or 350F. After pre-heating, bake the cake for 30 to 35 minutes or until the toothpick comes out clean.
- The chocolate chip topping is totally optional. You may use any desired toppings such as walnut or your favorite nuts.
- Coffee is optional as well. You may omit this if you don’t want coffee in your cake. But I do suggest it because it intensify the chocolatey flavor of the cake.
- You can use your favorite chocolate frosting. I used above chocolate drip frosting as I want to make everything so moist and chocolatey.
- If you don’t have baking paper or parchment paper, you may brush the baking pan with softened butter then dust with flour to create non-stick coating and prevent the cake from sticking.
This easy moist chocolate cake recipe will guide you to make easy homemade chocolate cake. This easy chocolate cake recipe is very simple and contains moist chocolate cake ingredients and step by step procedures to make a super moist chocolate cake. Enjoy your day