Chocolate chip banana bread is a popular banana bread, made by all purpose powder, riped bananas, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmag, cloves, eggs, sugar, melted butter, vanila and chocolate chips. This Chocolate chip banana bread recipe gives you the feeling of warm hugs and sweet moments that once you take a bite you’ll look forward to happy days ahead!
Why is banana bread so popular?
There are always go to recipe for banana bread, whether it’s a family recipe, a self made recipe, one you can find online, or a banana bread cake or bread readily available online that would just need to be reheated for a bit to be given a ‘freshly baked’ feel to it. Banana bread gained popularity from the idea of using over ripened bananas as this makes the bananas sweeter and makes it a good alternative from adding too much sugar. It’s a classic dessert that’s versatile enough to add any filling aside from chocolate; some add nuts, fried fruits, and other flavorings to make it more unique.
Recently the trend of making home cooked food to take a snap off and show off in the Internet has been going around. Who wouldn’t be proud of making a beautifully made dish you created at the comfort of your own home? The banana bread’s popularity rose again during the lockdown and has been one of the most shared recipes in the recent months because of this. Aside from panic buying household supplies and sanitary items, food has been bought from the idea of ‘not being able to go out freely anymore’ or ‘lockdown means I would need to pile up on food’ but by doing this spoiled food especially fruits create problem and wastage. The best factor to revive spoiled food? Search the Internet for help.
Bananas are the usual fruit bought by many Filipinos in the market, its sweet, easy to carry, cheap, and has a lot of good nutrients and vitamins that’s needed by the body, it keeps your energy levels up and even helps fill you up which is really important nowadays especially with the rise of vegetable prices even when buying fruits and vegetables in the wet market. Banana bread started being dubbed as the ‘unofficial baked good of lockdown’ as everyone are slowly being brought back to their homes and away from their workplaces the trend of making food and showing them off online has made a lot of progress in the food industry, but while many treats and delicacies has come and go the humble banana bread will surely be a staple as it has been made and done ever since a hundred years ago.
What about the Chocolate chip banana bread?
The banana bread has been a staple since the Great Depression. With the extreme social and economical hardships of that time for most Americans, bananas were a cheap source of food regardless of the season. And while it was cheap they needed to find a way to make something out of it especially if it turned too ripe that the texture was too soft or mushy to be eaten raw, they instead found a way to incorporate it into cakes to make into the beloved baked good we have today. In the today’s pandemic era, though we couldn’t get out of our homes as much as we had once did, we do have many resources and even more ways to find ingredients and materials online and delivery services that help us complete and create the famously revived banana cake or bread. Soft and sweet banana bread marbled with chocolate and topped with more chocolate who wouldn’t want a piece of that?
This deliciously sweet and moist Chocolate chip banana bread, overloaded with chocolate chips is just something you can’t not try!
Chocolate chip banana breadCourse: Desserts, Snacks
Make a ‘healthier’ dessert with this special banana bread recipe.
2 cups all purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 and ½ teaspoon baking powder
½ teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
1/8 teaspoon cloves
2 large eggs
1/3 cup white sugar
1 and ½ cup ripe bananas (mashed)
½ cup and 2 tablespoons melted butter
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 and ½ cup chocolate chips
- In a bowl, mix all purpose flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, and cloves. Take a tablespoon of the flour mixture and add this to the chocolate chips. This helps the chips from sticking together.
- In another bowl and the banana, eggs, sugar, melted butter, vanilla and mix well.
- Fold in the flour mixture, add in the chocolate chips and fold well.
- Prepare a loaf pan and grease this with butter. Place the batter in and spread it evenly. Top with more chocolate chips.
- Bake in a 350°F or 175°C preheated oven for 45 to 55 minutes. Using a toothpick, poke the middle of the bread, this should come out clean or with dry bits if it’s fully baked.
- Cool before scraping the sides, take the bread out to cool fully.
- Slice and serve!
- Substitute butter with oil, and use gluten or diary free chocolate chips if you prefer a non dairy option.
Chocolate chip banana bread recipe (tagalog)
- 2 tasa harina
- 1 kutsaritang baking soda
- 1 at ½ kutsaritang baking powder
- ½ kutsaritang asin
- 1 kutsaritang cinnamon
- 1/8 kutsaritang nutmeg
- 1/8 kutsaritang cloves
- 2 malaking itlog
- 1/3 tasa puting asukal
- 1 at ½ tasa hinog na saging (binudbod)
- ½ tasa at 2 kutsarang tunaw na mantikilya
- 1 kutsaritang vanilla
- 1 at ½ tasa chocolate chips
- Sa isang mangkok haluin ang harina,baking soda, baking powder, asin, cinnamon, nutmeg, at cloves. Kumuha ng 1 kutsarang halo nito at ihalo ito sa chocolate chips para hindi ito maging madikit.
- Sa ibang mangkok haluin ang saging, itlog, asukal, mantikilya, at vanilla.
- Tiklupin ang hinalong harina, dagdagin ang chocolate chips at tiklupin muli.
- Maghanda ng loaf pan at igrasa ito ng mantikilya. Ilagay ang batter at ipantay ang pagkalat nito. Lagyan ng chocolate chips sa taas.
- Ibake ng 350°F o 175°C na ininit na oben ng 45 o 55 na minute. Gamit ang palito sundutin anf gitna, dapat lumabas ito ng malinis para malaman na luto na ang keyk.
- Palamigin bago ikayod ang mga gilid. Tangalin ang keyk at palamigin muli.
- Hatiin at ienjoy!