Maja Jelly is tasty and sweet dessert that can be served in special occasions. It taste like Maja Blanca, especially with the sweet corn kernels that is very likely for Maja Blanca. The difference is the texture. With some jelly on it, this is a lot more jiggly and fun to eat. Everybody would love this especially kids!
Maja Jelly Recipe
- 50grams Unflavored Jelly Powder (Yellow) (2 sachets Mr Gulaman)
- 10 cups water
- 1 cup sugar (adjust as needed)
- 1 cup condensed milk
- 1 1/2 cup evaporated milk
- 1/3 cup cornstarch
- 1 cup cream corn
- cheese (for toppings) (optional)
1. Dissolve jelly powder in 10 cups water (room temperature) . Add sugar. Stir and dissolve all powder. When all powder is dissolved, put on heat and let boil. Use medium heat.
2. When the mixture starts boiling, add the evaporated milk, condensed milk and cream corn. Stir and let it boil.
3. Dissolve cornstarch in 1/2 cup water. Make sure that there’s no lumps. Add the mixture to the boiling milk and jelly. Stir well. Simmer for 3 minutes.
4. After 3 minutes, remove from heat. Transfer to mold containers. Let it cool and chill for at least 4 hours before removing from molds.
5. Top with desired toppings. I put some corn bits and grated cheese.
- 50 grams jelly powder is equal to 2 (25g) unflavored Mr. Gulaman Jelly powder. (TAGALOG: Dalawang Mr. Gulaman na Yellow unflavored ang ginamit ko po dito) Use yellow to achieve the same color as in the video.
- For creamier and more “maja-like” taste, use coconut milk instead of evaporated milk.
- You can use llaneras as molds. This recipe can yield around 12 large llaneras.