Coffee Jelly Dessert contains coffee Jelly cubes made with jelly powder, sugar and coffee, in a milk mixture made by all purpose cream, condensed milk and coffee powder. Serve chilled after 4 hours of refrigeration. Best when you want something to help you start your day right. For the non-coffee people, you can enjoy this instead of coffee! Want a dessert which will give you a punch but will hug you after? Then the creamy coffee jelly is the one for you!
THE COFFEE HISTORY
Coffee will be the main ingredient for this dish. Did you know how the first coffee was invented?
There are actually many stories on how the coffee was invented. There was one version where the goats from the Ethiopian plateau ate some berries and were super energetic that they were not able to sleep at night. With the bitter taste of the coffee, another story called this as “the bitter invention of Satan”. There were much more stories on the origins of the coffee but the most important thing is that in all parts of the world, the coffee is enjoyed as a social drink.
I would like to call myself a semi-coffee person. I dont drink coffee everyday but coffee is my go-to drink whenever I have a long to-do list for the day and needs extra strength to carry on. Unlike energy drinks, the unique taste of the coffee is what makes it stand out. This drink has a certain aroma and energy that will truly sip in your veins.
Coffee persons would drink their coffee straight up. One of my friends is an OG coffee person. She drinks hot coffee with some sugar, that’s why she was often called “one who drinks kapeng pang-matanda”. But for me, I usually decorate my coffee. I either use them in coffee jelly, or add caramel to make it a macchiato, or added chocolate or chips to make it a java chip one. This friend always argues with me when I decorate my coffee, like I was “destroying” the coffee.
I love coffee and coffee jelly is one of the desserts I really love. Unlike other desserts which are plainly sweet, the coffee jelly has a punch to it. It awakens the soul at a different level. Aside from enjoying the coffee jelly as a dessert, I also turn it into a drink by diluting it a bit and then adding some ice cubes. If I foresee that I’m going to have a long week ahead, I’ll make a tub of coffee jelly and then have some in the morning in the form of a drink. As someone who likes her beverages cold, the coffee jelly really helped me a lot of times.
If you want a dessert which will give you this unique energy, try the coffee jelly! To know how to make one, simply read and follow the recipe below. Yum!
HOW TO COOK COFFEE JELLY
Just like other jelly desserts, the coffee jelly is also super easy and straightforward to make.
Let’s start with the actual coffee flavored jelly. For the coffee flavor, you can use any coffee granules or instant coffee powder of your choice.
Grab a bowl, pour some water and add the jelly powder, coffee granules and sugar. The mixture will actually look like you are making a giant cup of coffee! I suggest you make this dish in the morning so the coffee aroma will be the one to surely wake everyone up in the house with a smile.
When soft boiling, transfer them to a container and wait for it to firm and set before cutting into cubes.
Our cream base will still be made with the basic ones: all purpose cream and condensed milk. In this recipe, I added some coffee granules for a full coffee blast in the mouth. You can add other toppings like shredded milk jelly or tapioca pearls. The coffee jelly mixture is actually done and the only thing left to do is to chill them.
You may also enjoy it right away, just add some ice cubes and consume it like a refreshing drink. This may also be an alternative for your morning coffee. Yum!
Coffee Jelly DessertCourse: Uncategorized
1 sachet jelly powder
5 tablespoons + 1 teaspoon instant coffee granules (or powder)
4 tablespoons sugar
4 cups of water
1 pack (250 ml) all purpose cream
1 can (300 ml) condensed milk
- Pour the water into a pot and then put to a boil. Add the jelly powder, 5 tablespoons of instant coffee granules (or powder) and sugar and stir until well mixed and completely dissolved. Cover the pot and allow the mixture to boil using medium heat.
- Once boiling, turn the heat off. Carefully transfer the coffee mixture into a tray or container. Let the jelly cool and set.
- In a large bowl, combine the all purpose cream, condensed milk, and half teaspoon of instant coffee granules. Mix until well combined.
- Once the jelly is firm and set, slice them into cubes.
- Add the coffee jelly cubes in the milk mixture and stir. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and let it chill for 4 hours or overnight.
- Serve the coffee jelly chilled and enjoy!
Coffee Jelly Dessert Recipe (TAGALOG)
- 1 sachet ng jelly powder
- 5 kutsara + 1 kutsarita ng instant coffee granules (o powder)
- 4 kutsara ng asukal
- 4 tasa ng tubig
- 1 pack (250 ml) ng all purpose cream
- 1 lata (300 ml) ng condensed milk
- Pakuluan ang tubig. Ilagay ang jelly powder, 5 kutsara ng instant coffee granules (o powder) at asukal. Haluin ito ng mabuti para matunaw. Takpan ang pot at hayaan itong kumulo gamit ang katamtamang apoy.
- Kapag kumukulo na, patayin ang apoy. Dahan dahang ilipat ang coffee mixture sa tray o lalagyan. Hayaan itong lumamig at tumigas.
- Sa isang malaking bowl, paghaluin ang all purpose cream, condensed milk at kalahating kutsarita ng instant coffee granules. Haluin ng mabuti.
- Kapag matigas na ang jelly, hatiin ang mga ito sa cubes.
- Iagay ang coffee jelly cubes sa milk mixture at haluin. Balutan ang bowl ng plastic wrap at palamigin sa ref ng 4 hours o magdamag.
- 6. Ihain ang coffee jelly ng malamig. Enjoy!