Camote Delight is very tasty and scrumptious desert in Philippines and is made by mixing steamed mashed sweet potato, condensed milk, all purpose cream, butter, vanilla extract and a pinch of salt. It can be topped with grated cheese to make more tastier. This simple Camote Delight recipe will guide you step by step to show you how to make Camote Delight. This is best Camote Delight recipe available on internet and follow this you will get a most tasty Camote Delight you ever had.
- 1 kg. Sweet potatoes (kamote)
- 1 big can (390g) Condensed milk
- 1 pack (250ml) all purpose cream
- 3 tbsp. butter (or margarine)
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- pinch of salt
- cheese for topping
Getting tired of eating just boiled sweet potatoes? Turn it into something special with this Kamote Delight recipe. You just need a few ingredients and you’ll be able to have a simple yet delicious dessert or snack. It is very easy to make and can last longer when chilled. Happy cooking!
1. Peel and chop sweet potatoes. Steam until soft. (You can also boil it and peel). Once soft, mash it until smooth. Set aside.
2. In a pan, melt the butter. Use low-medium heat. After melting, add the all purpose cream and condensed milk. Stir and mix well. Cook and low heat until the consistency becomes thicker.
3. Once thickened, add salt and vanilla extract. Stir and mix well. Then, reserve around 1/2 cup for topping (this is optional). Then stir in the mashed sweet potatoes. Mix and stir until well-blended. Cook until the sauce dries up. Continue stirring to prevent the bottom from sticking and burning.
4. Once cooked, transfer to a tray greased with oil or butter. Flatten and smoother the top. Let it cool.
5. Once cooled down, add the reserved sauce and desired toppings (I used grated cheese). You may also chill it.
We hope you loved camote delight recipe and we are sure that you know how to make camote delight now.. The filipino sweet potato recipe is very popular all over the world, and it is one of the best sweet potato delight recipe available. Some people are looking for camote delight recipe panlasang pinoy and they can visit them to see their recipe