- 1 kg. Sweet potatoes (kamote)
- 1 big can (390g) Condensed milk
- 1 pack (250ml) all purpose cream
- 3 tbsp. butter (or margarine)
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- pinch of salt
- cheese for topping
Getting tired of eating just boiled sweet potatoes? Turn it into something special with this Kamote Delight recipe. You just need a few ingredients and you’ll be able to have a simple yet delicious dessert or snack. It is very easy to make and can last longer when chilled. Happy cooking!
1. Peel and chop sweet potatoes. Steam until soft. (You can also boil it and peel). Once soft, mash it until smooth. Set aside.
2. In a pan, melt the butter. Use low-medium heat. After melting, add the all purpose cream and condensed milk. Stir and mix well. Cook and low heat until the consistency becomes thicker.
3. Once thickened, add salt and vanilla extract. Stir and mix well. Then, reserve around 1/2 cup for topping (this is optional). Then stir in the mashed sweet potatoes. Mix and stir until well-blended. Cook until the sauce dries up. Continue stirring to prevent the bottom from sticking and burning.
4. Once cooked, transfer to a tray greased with oil or butter. Flatten and smoother the top. Let it cool.
5. Once cooled down, add the reserved sauce and desired toppings (I used grated cheese). You may also chill it.