Enjoy the taste of Leche flan and jelly dessert combined in this Jelly Flan recipe. The fun part here is that you don’t need a steamer in making this! You will just combine the ingredients, cook them in a pan and put in the molders! The difficult part is waiting for it to set before you can indulge to it! Lots of patience and self-control required on that *wink!
Jelly Flan Recipe
This a wonderful jelly flan recipe that you can easily follow and create a tasty jelly flan. This recipe will show you how to make the scrumptious jelly flan for your family and dears. So try this recipe to make your loved one happy and cheerful. This uses mr gulaman Gelatin powder.cook
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup water
For Jelly Flan
- 4 cups water
- 4 whole eggs
- 1 pack unflavored Gelatin powder (Mr. Gulaman) white
- 1 big can evaporated milk (370ml)
- 1 big can condensed milk (390g)
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup sugar (adjust as needed
1. MAKING THE CARAMEL: In a pan, combine the sugar and water. Mix until the sugar is fully dissolved. Turn on heat and cook in low heat until bubbly. Do not stir. Just swirl as you cook to make it even. Cook until it turns amber color.
2. Prepare your molders. I use stainless bowls and llanera for this recipe. Pour some of the caramel to each molder. Set aside and let it cool.
3. COOKING THE JELLY FLAN: In a mixing bowl, combine eggs, evaporated milk and condensed milk. Mix until well-blended. Add vanilla extract. Mix well. Then, sift the mixture to make it smooth. Set aside.
4. In a deep pan or pot, pour the water. Add the sugar and Gelatin powder. Stir and dissolve the powder well. Turn on heat and let it boil.
5. Once the mixture is boiling, turn off the heat. Then, add the egg/milk mixture small amount at a time while stirring continuously. It is important to add the egg mixture slowly and don’t forget to turn off the fire so that the eggs will not be cooked quickly. Whisk until well-blended.
6. Once the mixture is well-blended, turn on the heat. Cook for 8 to 10 minutes while continuously stirring (this is important to keep the mixture smooth and not crumbly). Use low heat while cooking.
7. After around 10 minutes, remove the mixture from heat and transfer to the molders with caramel. Let it cool completely then chill for at least 6 hours before unmolding.