Espasol is a type of rice cake that can be found anywhere in the country, most likely on bus stops or terminals, and even on markets and street sides where rice cakes are usually being sold. This is one of the most popular pasalubong that you can buy from Laguna. But you don’t have to travel that far just to have a taste of this delicious treat. You can make your own at the comfort of your home. So here’s the recipe for homemade espasol.
How to Cook Espasol
- 2 cups glutinous rice flour
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 3/4 cup evaporated milk
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp. salt
1. Toast the glutinous rice flour in low heat until light brown. Stir continously to avoid burning. Once it turns light brown, reserve 1/2 cup for dusting. then set aside the remaining.
2. In a pan, combine coconut milk, evaporated milk and brown sugar. Mix well until sugar is dissolved. Then, let it boil.
3. Once boiling, add vanilla extract and salt. Mix well. Stir in the 1 1/2 cup of toasted glutinous rice flour. Mix until smooth and no lumps.
4. Dust a tray with the reserved toasted powder. Once the mixture is cooked, transfer to a tray. Flatten. then dust more toasted powder to coat. Cut into desired serving pieces.
Are you looking to make espasol, then this espasol recipe will help you to make most wonderful espasol. pinoy cooking recipe espasol with coconut milk. Our recipe is simple and comes with step by step with espasol picture and real cooking video. Hope you will find this recipe helpful