Ube Decadence is a Filipino version of panna cota with added flavour of ube and is made with all purpose flour, evaporated milk, sugar, gelatin powder and ube halaya. You can experience a pure and satisfying ube flavor made with our very own Filipino delicacy, the ube halaya. With its easy preparation, the ube decadence can be eaten as a dessert or a snack or can be served during large celebrations like birthdays and holidays..
Jelly desserts are one of my favorite type of palate cleansers after a fatty meal. Aside from Max’s roasted chicken and caramel bars, another famous treat from this restaurant is their ube decadence. This is where I first tasted this sweet dessert. I made a bunch of ube halaya for my kumare’s upcoming birthday. The ube decadence is the first dessert which came into my mind after I learned that I had some extra ube halaya.
Ube decadence is an ube-rified version of panna cotta. The panna cotta is a famous dessert worldwide made with cream, sugar and gelatin. From there, you will have an idea how satisfying this treat be when added with some ube goodness. The creamy and milky panna cotta is sandwiched with a layer of grated ube halaya which is a classic Filipino favorite. Just as the land meets the sea, ube decadence is where ube meets the jelly. The grated ube topping is the real deal for me. Having a real ube halaya on top of the panna cotta is better than any jelly flavoured with artificial ube flavor.
If you have read some of my previous blogs, you’ll know about my niece who is a super ube fan. I let her helped me in making some ube decadence for our family. With her extreme love for ube, she is not satisfied with the grated ube toppings and even added ube halaya bits on the panna cotta! If you’re an extreme ube lover like my niece, ube decadence is a must-try recipe for you! Yum!
HOW TO MAKE UBE DECADENCE
If you’re familiar with panna cotta or creamy gelatin, all we needed to do is to upgrade that sweet dessert into an ube-tastic treat. Instead of serving a plain panna cotta, an ube decadence has a grated layer of your favorite ube halaya. If you want to make your own ube halaya at home, click on this link to find out how: yummykitchentv.com/ube-halaya/
I recommend to chill your ube halaya until it hardens so it will be easier to grate. A soft one would just stick to your grater. Fill the bottom of your llanera with grated ube. For the panna cotta, it is similar to making a simple gelatin. Make a mixture of the milk, cream, gelatin and sugar and heat it. Adjust the sugar level based on how sweet you like the panna cotta to be. When it has cooled a bit, pour them into your llaneras with grated gelatin. When firm, top with more grated ube halaya. Your ube decadence is done! Chill them for a better mouthfeel. Enjoy!
Ube decadence in llaneras are best for personal consumption. If you want to sell these, you can make them into small plastic cups. The kids will surely be running to your area to taste this sweet ube jelly dessert!
Ube DecadenceCourse: Desserts
250 mL all purpose cream
370 mL evaporated milk
¼ cup sugar
10 grams gelatine powder
300 grams ube halaya
- Grate the ube halaya and place some on each of your moulder/container.
- For the panna cotta, heat the evaporated milk in a pot and add the sugar and gelatine powder. Stir well to dissolve completely. Add the all purpose cream and mix until well-incorporated.
- Pour the panna cotta in your moulders and containers with grated ube halaya. Let the ube decadence chill in the fridge for at least 1 hour.
- The gelatine has set after an hour. Top your panna cotta with more grated ube halaya.
- Serve the ube decadence chilled and enjoy!
Ube Decadence Recipe (TAGALOG)
- 250 mL all purpose cream
- 370 mL evaporated milk
- ¼ tasa ng asukal
- 10 grams ng gelatine powder
- 300 grams ube halaya
- I-grate ang ube halaya at maglagay sa bawat llanera o lalagyan.
- Para sa panna cotta, painitin ang evaporated milk at ihalo ang asukal at gelatine powder sa isang kaldero. Haluin ng mabuti. Sunod na ilagay ang all purpose cream at haluin ng mabuti.
- Ilagay ang panna cotta sa llanera na may grated ube halaya. Palamigin ang ube decadence sa ref ng at least 1 oras.
- Magiging firm na ang gelatine pagkatapos ng isang oras. Lagyan ng grated ube halaya ang ibabaw ng panna cotta.
- Iserve ang ube decadence ng malamig at enjoy!