Make this creamy & dense summer worthy dessert with just three ingredients! This recipe makes a sweet and insanely thick and rich cake that can be done in less than 10 minutes and chilled overnight. A great way to easily get out of the hot kitchen while making a velvety dessert you can enjoy the next day.
How did the popularity of cream cheese start?
Cream cheese is known for its mild taste and soft creamy, spreadable texture. It’s usually made of milk and cream stabilized with bean gum or carrageenan. Consumed fresh within a span of a week or less than a month once opened. Cream cheese is popularly seen at breakfast tables, spread over bagels, topping for pizzas, in desserts and other savory, cheesy snacks and main dishes.
With records back in 1543 that date back to 1035, cream cheese is known to one of the oldest cheeses in France. Documented in other countries such as England in 1583, which later made its way to the US. In 1873 New York, a dairyman named William Laurence massed produced cream cheese. He added cream to fresh milk and developed a ‘richer cheese’ we know now as cream cheese. His brand decided to sell these and was renamed by “Philadelphia Cream Cheese” by another distributer. In 1880’s there was an increase of demand for cream cheese and the popularity of “Philadelphia cream cheese” name rose. Though the cream cheese was never really a product of Philadelphia, but a marketing strategy to associate the cheese to Philly as quality dairy farming was a well-known thing during that time in the city.
These days, cream cheese can be done at home. While it’s more convenient to find this cheese in supermarkets and groceries, many have been making these at home as a fun activity or to assure themselves of the ingredients added. Even as this can be done at home there are still many method used, compared to the factory made cream cheese, home made cream cheese should be used in a shorter span because it’s lack of preservatives. Normally, the milk is pasteurized with lactic acid bacteria added with other liquids to coagulate the milk. Killing the bacteria and heating while adding stabilizers to prolong the shelf life.
A short Cheesecake History
The creation of cheesecake started from the 5thcentury B.C. by the Greeks. Similar to a baked custard, sometimes made with a cookie base and an egg or gelatin and cream cheese, sweetened with sugar, condensed milk or other sweeteners, whisked to a fluffy texture, then poured over to be baked or chilled. In 1730’s within the span of the Cheesecake popularity. Recipe books and restaurants begun to add their own twist to the dessert, it can almost be seen at every western dessert menu or popularly made bakeries. Some even making a restaurant filled with just cheesecakes which still can gather quite a crowd of cheesecake fans.
No one can deny this sweetly made temptation in a form of a cake. This easy indulgent dessert has been made with a multitude of methods and a variety of flavors. Still cheesecake has been a popular dessert in the part till this modern age.
Take a break and made this easy dessert to enjoy!
3 ingredient CheesecakeCourse: Cake Recipes, Desserts, Snacks
A creamy sweet dessert to enjoy with a cup of warm coffee
4 large eggs (separated)
1 can (380g) condensed milk
1 bar (226g) cream cheese
Powdered sugar for dusting (optional)
- Whisk the egg whites from the lowest speed to the highest speed gradually. Whisking till you get stiff peaks, set aside.
- Whisk the egg yolks till it looks lighter in color and is a bit fluffy. Add condensed milk and mix well. Add cream cheese and mix well.
- Mix in half of the whipped egg whites, fold till are less lumps. Add the last half and fold well.
- In a 6 or 8 inch pan with parchment at the bottom. Pour the batter in. Place the pan in a bigger tray filled halfway with water.
- Bake in a 350°F or 175°C preheated oven for 55 minutes to 1 hour. Take this out of the tray and wipe the bottom. Cool this to room temperature, scraping the topsides and chilling in the freezer overnight.
- Once chilled, scrape the sides and dust the top with powdered sugar. This is to prevent the top from sticking to the plate. Cover the pan with a plate and flip, take of the parchment paper and flip once more with another plate.
- Decorate with more powdered sugar as you like.
- Slice and serve chilled.
- You can add any flavoring like cocoa or matcha to the batter to change the flavor.
- Cover the top with foil if the top of the cake browns easily when baking.
- To make a smoother batter, use room temperature ingredients or strain the batter.
3 ingredient Cheesecake recipe (tagalog):
- 4 malaking itlog (hiwalay at puti at dilaw)
- 1 lata o (380g) condensed milk
- 1 bar (226g) cream cheese
- powdered sugar pang dekorasyon (opsyonal)
- Batihin ang puti ng itlog gamit ang mixer ng pahina pa lakas na bilis ng pakonti-konti. Batihin hanggangmag stiff peak.
- Sa ibang mangkok, batihin ang dilaw ng itlog hanggang maslight ang kulay o maypagkadoble ang laki. Lagyan ng condensed milk atbatihin ng maigi. Idagdag ng cream cheese at haluin ng mabuti.
- Ilagay ang kalahati ng binati na whites sa batter at itupi hanggang wala na masyadong tipak nakikita. Haluin ang natitirang mga whites.
- Sa 6 o 8 pulgada na bandeha, lagyan ng parchment paper sa ibaba. Ibuhos ang batter. Ilugar ang bandeha na mas malaki na trey na linagyan ng tubig.
- Ihurno sa 350°F o 175°C na oben ng 55 naminuto o 1 oras. Tangalin ito sa trey at punasin ang ibaba. Palamigin. Ikayod ang itaas bago ilagay sa freezer ng magdamag.
- Pag lumamig na, ikayod ang mga gilid. Pulbusan ng powdered sugar sa taas. Para di dumikit ang keyk sa plato. Takpan ng plato ang pan at ibaliktad. Tangalin ang parchment paper at ibaliktad muli gamit ang isa pang plato.
- Dekorasyonan ng powdered sugar kung gusto.
- Hatiin at ipalamigin bago ihanda.