Enjoy the crispy and juice chicken wings coated with sweet, savory flavor. Garnished with some chopped spring onions, these Chicken wings could be your favorite comfort food! These goodies are so addictive, you’ll be making them a lot!
Sweet Soy Sauce Chicken Wings Recipe
- 1 kg. chicken wings
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 tbsp. calamansi juice (or lemon juice) (optional / to remove foul taste)
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup cornstarch
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. ground black pepper
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp. paprika
- 1/2 tsp. baking powder (optional)
- 2 tbsp. butter (or margarine)
- 3 cloves garlic (minced)
- 3 tbsp. soy sauce
- 5 tbsp. sugar
- 1/2 tsp. ground black pepper
- 1 tbsp. water
1. Cut the joint between the drumette and wingette. Remove the tip (reserve for making chicken stock). Pat dry. Add salt, ground black pepper and calamansi juice. Mix well. Marinate for at least 1 hour.
2. Combine all the breading ingredient. Coat each wing with breading. Shake off excess.
3. Heat oil. Fry the breaded chicken wings in batches. do not overcrowd the pan to maintain the temperature of the oil for crispy chicken wings. Fry for 10 to 12 minutes (light brown).
4. After 10 minutes, remove from oil. Let it sit for at least 15 minutes. Double-fry it for well-cooked and crispy.
5. Set the heat to high. Then put the chicken back to the oil and fry until crispy and golden brown. Set aside while making the sauce.
6. FOR THE SAUCE. Melt butter and saute’ garlic. Then add soy sauce, sugar, pepper and water. Mix well and cook until thick. Then toss the fried chicken wings until well coated. Serve. Garnish with sesame seeds or spring onions.