Sprite Chicken wings is a very tasty and delicious chicken recipe that you and your family would love! It is very easy to make and will include one of the all-time favorite drinks – Sprite. With just a very few ingredients, you gotta taste this sweet, savory chicken wings!
How to Cook Sprite Chicken Wings
As the name suggests, one of the key ingredients in this recipe is a carbonated lemon soda drink called Sprite. This will give the sweet taste to the chicken wings.
Cooking sprite chicken wings is very simple. It’s more like searing, simmering then the next thing would be lips smacking (with its ohhh so goodness). But first, you need to marinate the chicken wings for the flavor to be deep to the bones. Marinate the chicken wings with sprite, salt and pepper. Let it for at least 1 hour (and I think that’s the only hard part, the waiting)
After marinating, you need to sear or brown the chicken wings. The searing will help sealing in the flavor (from the marinating). The method of searing also adds more savory flavor to any dish. Sear both sides to cook evenly.
After searing, add the rest of the sprite (from the bottle). This will serve as the sauce that will cook through the chicken to its bones. Add the rest of the seasoning and let it simmer until the sauce dries up. As the sauce is drying up, the chicken wings will be more sticky and flavorful.
In the last part, when the sauce is totally dried up, sprinkle some sesame seeds or spring onion or just eat it as is.
Sprite Chicken WingsCourse: Chicken
1/2 kilo Chicken Wings (500g)
1 bottle Sprite (295ml)
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper
oil for frying
2 tablespoon soy sauce (adjust as needed)
1 tablespoon ketchup or oyster sauce (optional)
1 teaspoon ginger (minced)
3 cloves garlic (minced)
Sesame seeds as garnish (optional)
- In a bowl, put the chicken wings. Pour around half cup of sprite on it. Add salt and pepper. Mix well. Marinate for at least 1 hour.
- In a pan, heat some oil. Sear the chicken wings until light brown. Flip halfway to cook both sides.
- After searing, add the rest of the sprite (around ¾ cup). Then add ginger, garlic, soy sauce and ketchup.
- Toss the chicken wings around to coat it evenly with the added seasoning. Simmer in medium heat until the sauce dries up, flipping the chicken wings every now and then to cook it evenly.
- Once the sauce dries up, it’s ready! Sprinkle some sesame seeds.