This potato pizza is really scrumpy pizza made with potatoes, eggs, all purpose flour, pizza sauce, mozzarella cheese, pepperoni, seasoning powder, pepper and oil. Potato pizza is just like your favorite pizza but with potatoes underneath and pizza lovers will love to eat. This no-bake, no-hassle recipe will have your pizza ready in minutes! A fun time to try your favorite toppings!
POTATO PIZZA RECIPE
Pizza is one of the best snacks ever. What I love most about pizza is that the crust can be a blank canvas where we can design with any topping we like. It can be protein-rich foods like meat, cheese and pepperoni or vegetables like onions, mushrooms and olives. And before, only pizza sauce are used in pizzas. Now, there are alfredo pizzas! There are still a lot more things we can do with pizza.
Aside from experimenting with the toppings, what if we experiment with the crust? I discovered this potato pizza recipe during another night craving with pizza. With no flour to bake and no bread to substitute, what else can I use as a pizza crust?
Pizza crusts are usually made with freshly-baked dough. It is similar to a regular bread but is a more flattened version and does not rise. It is lightly salted which matches the toppings and does not overpower it.
Thinking about these things, what other carbohydrate source can I use as a pizza crust? I was eating homemade french fries as I was thinking. Having extra supply of potatoes at home, I first tried making cut pizza out of thick potato slices. But of course it doesn’t really cook well through the potato. I then remembered how my mom made pinikpik (kamoteng kahoy patties) and tried to apply it with my potatoes.
My niece specifically hates the edges of the regular pizza. She told me that it is tasteless and has no sauce or toppings. Having potatoes as crust really suits people who doesn’t eat the edges of the crust. The edges of the potato crust is crispy and simply taste like a big chunk of fries. Add some ketchup in it and you will surely enjoy it!
Since my discovery of this potato pizza recipe, Friday night is now our potato pizza night. Fusing our favorite pizza and potato into one dish really helps if you’re craving for both at the same time.
If you want to try this potato pizza at home, try the recipe below and tell me what you think!
HOW TO COOK PIZZA IN A PAN
Pizza with a potato crust is much easier to make than a real pizza crust. And guess what? There is no kneading and baking involved in this recipe. Have your pizza ready in just a few minutes!
In this recipe, potatoes will play a great role as the crust. Prepare your potatoes and have them shredded or grated. In this recipe, I used the a peeler to make sure they will come out thin. Combine these potatoes with egg and flour. These two ingredients are important for the potatoes to hold itself together. The resulting potato will be like a bit of a potato pancake.
The last step and the most fun part is decorating your pizza! You can play with any toppings you like. In this recipe, I used cooked pepperoni, mozzarella cheese and some pizza seasoning. Cover the pan and let your potato pizza set. When the cheese has melted, then its done. Cut it into slices and share or eat everything on your own. You may have it spicy by adding some hot sauce. Yum!
Potato Pizza (No-oven)Course: Easy Meals, Snacks
300 grams potatoes
2 medium eggs
3 tablespoons all purpose flour
1/3 cup pizza sauce or tomato sauce
1/2 cup mozzarella cheese
pizza seasoning (optional)
salt and pepper to taste
2 tablespoons oil
- Wash and peel the potatoes. Shred or grate then into thin pieces. Soak them in water to prevent darkening.
- Wash and drain the potatoes well. Transfer them to a large mixing bowl.
- Add the eggs and all purpose flour. Season with salt and pepper. Mix well.
- Heat some oil in a round flat pan. Pour the potato mixture and then flatten. Cover the pan and let it cook for 6 to 8 minutes using low medium heat until the bottom is light brown.
- After 7 minutes, flip the potato to cook the other side.
- Spread some pizza sauce over the potato crust. Add the mozzarella cheese, cooked pepperoni, and more cheese. Sprinkle some pizza seasoning. Cover the pan and let it cook for 5 to 8 minutes using low medium heat until the cheese has melted.
- Transfer the potato pizza into a plate and cut into slices. Enjoy while hot!
Potato Pizza in a Pan Recipe (TAGALOG)
- 300 grams patatas
- 2 itlog
- 3 kutsara ng harina
- 1/3 tasa ng pizza sauce o tomato sauce
- 1/2 tasa ng mozzarella cheese (grated)
- pepperoni (luto)
pizza seasoning (optional)
- asin at paminta
- 2 kutsara ng mantika
- Hugasan at balatan ang mga patatas. Gumamit ng shredder o grater para mahiwa ang mga ito sa maninipis na piraso. Ibabad sila sa tubig para hindi mangitim.
- Hugasan at salain ang mga patatas. Ilipat ang mga ito sa isang mixing bowl.
- Ilagay ang mga itlog at ang harina. Budburan ng asin at paminta. Haluing mabuti.
- Magpainit ng konting mantika sa bilog na kawali at ilagay ang potato mixture. Ikalat ito at pantayin. Takpan ang kawali at hayaan itong maluto ng 6 hanggang 8 minuto gamit ang mababang katamtamang apoy hanggang magbrown ang ilalim.
- Pagkatapos ng 7 minuto, baliktarin ang mga patatas para maluto ang kabilang side.
- Ilagay ang pizza sauce sa ibabaw ng ating potato crust. Sunod na ilagay ang mozzarella cheese at pepperoni. Lagyan pa ito ng maraming cheese at budburan ng onting pizza seasoning. Takpan ang kawali at hayaan itong maluto ng 5 hanggang 8 minuto gamit ang mababang katamtamang apoy hanggang matunaw ang cheese.
- Ilipat ang potato pizza sa isang serving plate at hiwain sa slices. Enjoyin habang mainit pa!