Sweet Potato Fritters (or Kamote Maruya) is an easy and yummy snack to try. In some regions, this recipe is also known as Kalingking. Sweet potatoes or kamote are chopped into strips, coated with flour mixture and shallow-fried. To complete the dish, sugar is sprinkled on the top.
Sweet Potato Fritters Recipe
- 1/2 kilo Sweet potatoes (kamote)
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup milk (fresh or evaporated milk)
- 3 tbsp. sugar (more for sprinkle)
- 1/4 tsp salt
- oil for frying
1. In a bowl, combine flour, milk, sugar and salt. Mix well and set aside.
2. Peel the sweet potatoes. Then, cut into strips. After cutting, put in the flour mixture and coat it well.
3. Heat oil in the pan. Scoop a mixture with sweet potato strips and form into circle. Fry both sides until golden brown.
4. Right after frying, sprinkle with sugar. you may also spread some margarine in the fritters before sprinkling sugar.