Pork Binagoongan With Talong is a Filipino pork dish and is cooked by sautéing seared pork belly pieces and fried egg plant in gravy made by shrimp paste, onion, garlic, tomatoes, pepper, salt and green chili. This fried dish is further simmered after adding water to make sure pork is cooked well and meat is tender. Pork Binagoongan with eggplant is best to try this together with freshly cooked rice. The savoury, salty taste of the shrimp paste and the yumminess of the pork go along well with rice. You’ll never get enough of it!
Pork Binagoongan may not be the healthiest choice of dish especially if you’re on diet, this will surely satisfy your savory craving! Adding eggplant in this recipe is optional but it can be a good addition if you want to make your Pork Binagoongan more fulfilling.
Pork Binagoongan Recipe
If you are looking for a pork binagoongan recipe that will easily help you to make best pork binagoongan recipe then this will show you how to make pork binagoongan with steps, procedure, ingredients and with pork binagoongan recipe video. We are sure that you can treat your dear and nears with a tasty and delicious pork binagoongan if you follow this recipe
Pork Binagoongan with TalonCourse: Pork RecipesCuisine: Filipino
1 kilo Pork belly (chop into serving pieces)
3 eggplant (chopped) optional
1 large onion (chopped)
6 cloves garlic (chopped)
3 large tomatoes (chopped)
4 to 5 tablespoon sauteed shrimp paste or ginisang bagoong (alamang)
1 cup water (adjust as needed to cook the pork)
ground black pepper to taste
oil for frying
green chilli (optional)
- Cut the eggplant into serving pieces. Soak in water to avoid darkening. Heat some oil in the pan and fry the eggplants. Once fried, set aside.
- Sear the pork belly until light brown. Searing will add flavour to the dish. After searing, remove from the pan and set aside. Remove some of the oil rendered from the pork belly. Keep around 2 tablespoon for sautéing.
- In the same pan, sauté’ the onion until fragrant. Next is the garlic. Saute’ for a few seconds. Add the chopped tomatoes. Saute’ for a minute.
- Then, add the sautéed shrimp paste. Saute’ for a minute. Then add the seared pork. Season with ground black pepper. Add water. Stir until well-combined. Cover and let it simmer for 10 to 15 minutes or until the pork is tender. Add water if needed.
- Once the pork is cooked and tender (check by poking with fork), add the chilies and fried eggplant. Toss to just cover the eggplant with the sauce then remove from the heat.
- Serve with hot rice. Enjoy!
Watch Pork Binagoongan with Eggplant Recipe
- You can use fresh shrimp paste in this recipe. Just wash it first before adding to lessen the salt.
- If you are going to use fresh shrimp paste, sauté’ it longer. Add a little bit of sugar in the recipe as well to balance the saltiness.
- I didn’t use salt in this recipe since it is already salty from the shrimp paste I used. You may add salt as needed.
- Eggplant is optional, you may skip it if you don’t like veggies in your Pork binagoongan.