Pizza roll is a yummy bread roll made by bread loaf, hot dogs, ham slices, green bell pepper, cheese strips, pizza sauce, breadcrumbs, eggs and oil. This Pizza roll is good as appetizers for parties and good as a quick snack for evening. Follow our recipe to make this pizza bread rolls in your home.
In this recipe, you will just need a few ingredients, or whatever you can find in your fridge. You can just basically chopped those meats and veggies, toss on the top of your flattened bread and fry. This is an inexpensive alternative for your pizza cravings. Let’s start cooking.
How to cook Pizza Bread Rolls
Cooking pizza bread rolls start with prepping the ingredients. I think this is the tedious part of cooking pizza rolls. First, I usually boil or fry my meat filling such as hotdogs and ham. When using red hotdogs, I usually boil it for at least 5 minutes. As for the ham, I lightly grease the pan and cook it until light brown.
After cooking the meat fillings, start cutting them into strips. Since this recipe is rolls, we want to keep the ingredients in strips form to roll and wrap them with the loaf breads. Cut all the ingredients into strips including the bell pepper and cheese.
Then, flatten all the load breads. You may use rolling pin or bottle, whatever available. After flattening, spread some pizza sauce then put all the fillings. Roll them and make sure that it is tightly sealed in the ends to avoid opening while frying.
After rolling all the loaf breads, time to coat them with bread crumbs. This will keep your pizza rolls crunchy. First, dip each roll in the eggs. Second, coat them with bread crumbs. Deep-fry until golden brown.
Pizza Bread Rolls Recipe
This is a special recipe for pizza bread rolls and it will help you to make the best ever pizza bread rolls you ever made. Follow this pizza bread rolls recipe step by step and procedure by procedure then you will learn how to make pizza bread rolls very easy and simple way. We hope you will be able to make best pizza bread rolls and if any problem please let us know, we are here to help you
Pizza Bread RollsCourse: SnacksCuisine: Filipino
15 pieces Loaf breads
1 medium Green Bell pepper (cut into strips)
1 cup Pizza Sauce
1 cup Breadcrumbs
Oil for frying
- Prepping the ingredients. First, boil the hotdog for 5 minutes to cook. After cooking, let it cool and then cut into strips. Set aside.
- Next, fry the ham until cooked. After frying, let it cool then cut into strips. Set aside.
- Next, cut the sides of the loaf bread. Then, flatten each loaf bread using a rolling pin or bottle with flat side. Flatten the rest of the load bread.
- Making the pizza rolls. First, lay one flattened loaf bread. Spread some pizza sauce (around 1 tablespoon) then put the fillings: hotdog, ham, bell pepper and cheese. Roll carefully, wrapping all the fillings. Do it to the rest of the loaf bread until all are rolled.
- Cooking the pizza rolls. Beat eggs in a bowl. Whisk well. In separate bowl, put bread crumbs. First, dip the rolled bread in eggs. Then, coat it with bread crumbs. Repeat until all pizza rolls are breaded.
- Heat some oil in a pan. Then, deep fry the pizza bread rolls until golden brown. Put in a wire rack or paper towels to drip excess oil. Enjoy!
Watch how to cook Pizza Bread Rolls
- The fillings used in this recipe can be alternated with other ingredients. You can use sausage, pepperoni and onions to add.
- If you don’t have pizza sauce, you can use tomato sauce, spaghetti sauce or ketchup as alternative.
- BAKING: this recipe can also be baked. Line a baking paper in an oven-safe tray. Arrange the pizza rolls 1-inch apart. Bake in a pre-heated oven (200C) for 10 to 12 minutes until light brown.
- STORAGE: After coating the rolled breads with bread crumbs, put in a ziplock bag or air-tight container. Put in a freezer until ready to deep-fry. This is good for up to 2 weeks. Just keep it frozen.