Ube Puto is a delicious and fluffy Filipino purple cake made from all purpose flour, condensed milk, baking powder, egg, butter, sugar, cheese and ube food colour. It is often topped with cheese to balance the sweet flavour. It’s a perfect dessert or snack for any season!. Follow our Ube Puto Cheese recipe, to make this scrumptious dessert in your home for your kids and family
HOW TO COOK EASY UBE PUTO CHEESE
UBE CONDENSED MILK: To make the puto cheese taste like purple yam, I used ube-flavored condensed milk. Not just ube-flavor but it gives the puto the right sweetness, so you may skip adding sugar in this recipe. They are available in groceries and supermarket.
UBE FLAVORING: In case that you can’t find ube-flavored condensed milk, you can just use ube flavoring. A few drops is enough to make give it the perfect taste. You can also add grated ube or ube halaya to give more flavor.
MIXING: It all start with combining the ingredients. First, combine all the dry ingredients. In separate bow, combine the liquid ingredients. Then, mix it altogether. Mix them until well-combined and you get the smooth, thick puto batter.
STEAMING: Puto Cheese are cooked by steaming. You pour some puto batter in a molder, filling only ¾ of it, then arrange in the steamer. Steaming time varies depending on the size of the molders. LARGE (14-15 MINUTES) MEDIUM (11-12 MINUTES) SMALL (8-10MINUTES)
Ube Puto Cheese Recipe
If you are looking to make Ube Puto Cheese, then the below Ube Puto Cheese recipe will guide you step by step procedure to make the best Ube Puto Cheese you ever made. The Ube Puto Cheese is one of the popular delicacy in Philippines and this Ube Puto Cheese comes with costing.
Ube Puto CheeseCourse: Filipino Recipes, For Business Recipes, Snacks
1 cup all purpose flour
1/2 cup ube condensed milk (I used Jersey)
1 tablespoon baking powder (Calumet)
1 medium egg
1 tablespoon butter (or cooking oil or margarine)
1/2 cup water
1/4 cup sugar (optional , adjust as needed)
Ube food color (optional)
- Combine flour, baking powder and sugar. Sift to remove lumps. Mix well and set aside.
- In separate bowl, combine condensed milk, egg and butter. Mix well. Then Add to the dry ingredient. Mix.
- Add water as you mix until you get the right consistency (not too runny or too thick). Then put a few drops of food coloring (optional). Mix. After mixing, rest for at least 10 minutes.
- Grease ONLY THE BOTTOM of the molder. Pour some mixture to the molders (filling only 3/4 of it as it will rise as you steam). At this point, you may also put the cheese topping (if you are using cheese that doesn’t melt quick like Daily Quezo) but since I used Eden, I put the cheese on the last minute of the steaming.
- Arrange the molders in a steamer and put lid covered with cloth (to avoid water drips while steaming). Steam for 10 to 12 minutes (shorter or longer depending on the side of the molder.
- On the 10 minute mark, I put the cheese and steam for another 2 minutes (total steaming time: 12 minutes).
- After steaming, let it cool for at least 5 minutes before unmolding.
Watch how to cook Ube Puto Cheese
1. Kung walang ube flavored condensed milk, gumamit na lang ng ube flavor with color. Instead of water, pwede gumamit ng evaporated milk para mas malasa pa rin. Then adjust na lang ng asukal at gawing 1/2 cup.
2. Pwedeng wala na nung asukal, add na lang ng another 3-tablespoon ng condensed milk.
3. Kung gagamit ng matagal matunaw na cheese, pwede na siya ilagay bago magsteam. No need na buksan before matapos steaming time.
UBE PUTO CHEESE WITH COSTING
(Yield: 18 medium Puto)
Since this is just a small batch, I divided the ingredients and its costs depending on how much I’ve used in this recipe. Price may vary but I hope this might give you ideas.
- FLOUR = 5.00
- CONDESED MILK = 14.00
- BAKING POWDER = 3.00
- EGG = 8.00
- BUTTER = 3.00
- CHEESE = 9.00
- SUGAR = 4.00
- WATER = 0.00
- FOOD COLOR = 1.00
TOTAL: 47.00 ÷ 18 = 2.60
2.60 + 40% to 50% (tubo) = 3.75 SRP
Dine sa amin, may nagbebenta ng 4.00 pesos each. Pwede rin naman ng 3 for 10. Depende na po sa inyo ang presyo or depende din sa packaging. Mas maramihan na luto, mas makakamura sa cost.
MGA TIPS PARA IWAS PALPAK ANG PUTO
Tip #1: Make sure na okay pa ang baking powder mo.
Isa sa mga causes kung bakit nagiging parang kutsinta ang puto ay dahil sa baking powder. Either luma na, nakasingaw na or sira na. So make sure na okay pa siya. Pano malalaman? Buhusan ng around 1/4 cup na mainit na tubig ang 1/4 tsp na baking powder. Pag nagbubbles siya, okay pa.
Tip #2: Yung ilalim lang ng molder ang pahiran ng oil or butter
Para maachieve yung dome appearance, yung ilalim lang ng molder ang pahiran ng oil. Wag na yung gilid. Pwede rin na wag na i-grease at all pero there are some instances na dumidikit sa ilalim ng molder ang puto so para maiwasan pero tyak na tutubo ang puto, yung ilalim lang ang i-grease.
Tip #3: Lagyan ng tela or cloth ang takip ng steamer
Minsan, pag natutuluan ng tubig mula sa steam ang puto, nadedeflate ito. Para maiwasan, lagyan mo ng tela ang takip.
Tip #4: DO NOT OVERCOOK
Isa pang cause kung bakit mukhang kutsinta si puto ay dahil sobra sa steam. Nag-iiba iba ang steaming duration base sa lakas ng apoy, sa laki ng molder at kung gaano kakapal ang mixture mo. In my experience eto ang steaming time na alam ko: LARGE (14-15 MINUTES) MEDIUM (11-12 MINUTES) SMALL (8-10MINUTES)
TIP #5: Yung hindi masyadong tunaw ang cheese
Kung gusto nio ng shiny pero mukhang melted ang cheese, gumamit ng matagal matunaw na cheese gaya ng Quezo. Ang cheese gaya ng Eden, mabilis matunaw habang nassteam (kaya minsan mukhang durog after masteam). Kung sa tingin mo mabilis matunaw ang ang cheese mo, sa pahuli mo na ito ilagay. For example, ang steaming time is 15 minutes, ilagay ito sa 12min mark, takpan ulit at ituloy ang steam hanggang sa matapos ang steaming time.