Is the heat making you mad? Enjoy these two treats in one! Have both ice cream and cake in one bite with this cookies and cream ice cream cake. Your head will surely go brrr!
ICE CREAM CAKE
Ice cream and cake are two of the most loved desserts. They are both commonly served in birthdays, holidays and almost any occasion. But there are some moment where we ate too much and needed to choose one dessert among the two. It’s a sad feeling and will make you crave for the other one sooner or later. But what if I tell you that there’s a dessert in which you can choose them both at the same time? Sounds like a good deal, right? Ice cream + cake? Ice cream cake!
An ice cream cake is a cake made with ice cream. It consist of different layers of sweetened cream and cake with the toppings depending on its flavor. Cookies and cream is one very irresistible ice cream flavor. Aside from budget-friendly and easily available ingredients, cookies and cream can be beautified into a gorgeous ice cream cake without using extra ingredients. The cookies will serve as the crust and will serve as the cake layer of the ice cream cake. If that made you excited, read the recipe below and make one today!
HOW TO MAKE ICE CREAM CAKE
Making an ice cream cake is very easy. You can make this chilled and yummy treat in any container, but it is recommended to make in a round pan for some authentic cake vibes. The first thing to do is the cake base. Crush some of your crush cookies and mix them with melted butter. The result will be a sand-like cookies which you will layer at the bottom of the pan. Wrap the round pan you will be using with a plastic wrap. If not available, the cake might stick into the pan and you needed to clean it up after. If you have a spring-form pan, this will be much easier since the sides of the pan are easily removable. Layer the crushed cookies and chill them in the fridge for 15 minutes.
While waiting, the next thing to do is the body of the cake. This will be made of ice cream. If you have experienced making an ice cream before, the steps would just be similar. Remember to chill not just your ingredients but also your equipments. To ensure that the cream will remain cold during the process, here’s a hack. Prepare a big metal bowl and place some ice cubes. Place a smaller metal bowl above the ice cubes. This is where you will whisk the cream. Whip the cream until it doubles its size. Add the condensed milk to make it sweet. For a more cookie flavor, add some crushed cookies in the ice cream batter.
The next steps will be layering the cake into the pan. The number of layers actually depends on how you like it. In this recipe, I just made 3 layers of alternating cream and whole cookies. Unleash the creativity in you and design the top of the ice cream cake with cookies and crush cookies.
The very last step is the waiting game. Cover the pan with foil and let the ice cream cake freeze. After 6 hours, lift the plastic wrap to reveal this oh-so-gorgeous ice cream cake! Make sure to grab a big slice before the next person comes!
Ice Cream CakeCourse: Uncategorized
30 to 40 pieces cream-filled cookies
2 cans all-purpose cream (chilled overnight)
1 can condensed milk (chilled overnight)
3 tablespoon melted butter (unsalted)
- Crush 15 pieces of cookies into fine crumbs. Place them in a large bowl and add the melted butter. Mix them well until you get a sand-like texture.
- Get an 8-inch round pan or any container you have and layer it with a plastic wrap. If you have a spring-form pan, there is no need to layer with a plastic wrap. Spread the crushed cookie mixture at the bottom of the pan. Gently press and flatten them using a spoon. Chill for 15 minutes.
- Get a large metal bowl and place some ice cubes. Put a medium-sized bowl above it. This will keep the cream cold while whisking. Add your chilled cream and beat in high speed until it doubles in volume.
- Add the chilled condensed milk and mix until well-blended.
- Add a cup or 6 to 8 pieces crushed cookies. Gently fold to incorporate the cookies well.
- Grab your chilled cookie crust and pour half of the ice cream batter. Spread the batter and flatten the top.
- Add a layer or whole cookies and pour the rest of the ice cream batter.
- Design the top of the cake with the toppings of your choice. In this recipe, I used halved cookies and some cookie crumbs.
- Cover the ice cream cake with aluminum foil and let it freeze for at least 6 hours or better if overnight.
- Remove the plastic wrap and slice the ice cream cake.
- Serve the ice cream cake chilled and enjoy!
Watch how to Make Ice Cream Cake
Ice Cream Cake Recipe (Tagalog)
- 30 – 40 piraso ng cream-filled cookies
- 2 lata ng all-purpose cream (pinalamig overnight)
- 1 lata ng condensed milk (pinalamig overnight)
- 3 kutsara ng tunaw na butter (unsalted)
- Durugin ang 15 piraso ng cookies at ilagay sa isang bowl. Lagyan ito ng tinunaw na butter at haluin.
- Kumuha ng 8-inch pan o kahit anong lalagyan. Lagyan ito ng plastic wrap. Kung gagamit ng spring-form pan, hindi na ito kailangang balutan ng plastic wrap. Ispread ang dinurog na cookie mixture sa pan. Idiin ito ng kaunti at patagin gamit ang kutsara. Palamigin ito ng 15 minuto.
- Kumuha ng isang malaking metal bowl at lagyan ito ng ice cubes. Maglagay ng isang medium-sized na metal bowl sa ibabaw nito, para manatiling malamig ang cream habang wini-whisk ito. Ilagay ang pinalamig na cream at i-whisk ito gamit ang high-speed hanggang dumoble ang dami.
- Ilagay ang pinalamig na condensed milk at haluin ng mabuti.
- Maglagay ng 6 hanggang 8 piraso ng durog na cookies. Dahan-dahan itong ihalo sa ice cream batter.
- Kunin ang pinalamig na cookie crust at ilagay ang kalahati ng ice cream batter. I-spread ito at i-flatten ang ibabaw.
- Maglagay ng isang layer ng cookies at ibuhos ang natitirang ice cream batter.
- Lagyan ng design ang ibabaw ng cake gamit ang gustong toppings. Sa recipe na ito, gumamit ako ng hinating cookies at cookie crumbs.
- Takpan ang ice cream cake gamit ang aluminum foil. Ilagay ito sa freezer ng 6 oras o magdamag.
- Alisin ang plastic wrap at hiwain ang ice cream cake.
- I-serve and ice cream cake at ienjoy!