Honey Garlic Chicken is a scrumptious way to cook chicken and is made by cooking boneless chicken in a sauce made with garlic, honey, soy sauce, chili flakes, corn starch, salt and pepper. This can be garnished with spring onions before serving. This one-pan honey garlic chicken is perfect for your dinner date! Serve with some mashed potatoes on the side and enjoy your meal without any guilt.
HONEY GARLIC CHICKEN
There are just some days where we needed to have a break from pork and beef dishes. Lately I’ve been trying to cut some fat and lose some weight for health reasons. I started buying some whole chicken meat which I portion for our family dinners. They say white meat are healthier than the red meats, and I believe that’s true.
Just like pork and beef, chicken is a versatile meat too. Chicken wings is one of the most trendy and popular chicken dish. You surely would not get tired with the variety of sauces! They are somewhat expensive now, so why not make some on your own and with healthier chicken cuts? Since I became health conscious, I’ve been looking on my food more closely. Knowing that chicken wings has a relatively higher fat content, I chose the use chicken breast with my future chicken dishes.
We all know that chicken breast is a bland part, right? NO! If you cook it properly, you can enjoy the juicy and moist version of your chicken breast. What’s another satisfying fact other than a moist and juicy chicken breast? The sauce! Honey garlic sauce is one of the best sauces I’ve tasted for my chicken wings. The sweet and garlicky flavor matches the soft and tender chicken meat. Yum!
Make yourself some small but healthier versions of steak with this honey garlic chicken recipe!
HOW TO MAKE HONEY GARLIC CHICKEN
You better believe in me when I say that this dish is going to be quick and easy. This is a one-pan dish which might take you less than 20 minutes.
In this recipe, I used both chicken breast and leg. If you want to turn it into a steak, remove the bones. There are some meat shops which offers deboning services. Try to ask them for it. Start by searing your chicken. Make a well at the center and sauté your garlic to start the sauce. Make sure you chop them nicely so it will infuse so good in the sauce. Add some cornstarch to the oil to make some kind of roux. This will make the sauce thick for later. Add the rest of the ingredients one by one until you form a nice honey garlic sauce. Lastly, coat your chicken steak with the sauce and then serve.
You can also use this recipe as a baseline if you wanna try other sauces. Happy cooking!
Honey Garlic ChickenCourse: Chicken Recipes
½ kilo chicken (breast and boneless legs)
5 cloves of garlic (minced)
¼ cup honey
3 tablespoons soy sauce
¼ cup water
1 teaspoon chili flakes
1 teaspoon cornstarch
salt and pepper
1 teaspoon spring onions (for garnishing)
- Prepare the chicken pieces and season with salt and pepper.
- Heat some oil in a pan. Sear the chicken until brown crust appear. Flip to cook the other side.
- When both sides are cooked, make a space at the center of the pan. Add the garlic and sauté for 30 seconds. Add the cornstarch ang gently mix with the oil.
- Add the honey, soy sauce and water. Mix well. Continue cooking the sauce and chicken until the sauce thickens.
- Sprinkle some chili flakes and season with salt.
- Turn off the heat when the sauce thickens.
- Transfer the honey garlic chicken to a serving plate and drizzle some sauce on top. Finish by sprinkling with some chopped spring onions.
- You may eat it as a chicken steak with some mashed potatoes on the side or serve with some hot steaming rice. Enjoy!
Honey Garlic Chicken Recipe (TAGALOG)
- ½ kilo manok (pitso at hita na walang buto)
- 5 butil ng bawang (hiniwa ng maliliit)
- ¼ tasa ng honey
- 3 kutsara ng toyo
- ¼ tasa ng tubig
- 1 kutsarita ng chili flakes
- 1 kutsarita ng cornstarch
- asin at paminta
- 1 kutsarita ng spring onions (para sa garnishing)
- Ihanda ang mga manok at budburan ng asin at paminta.
- Magpainit ng mangtika. I-sear ang mga manok hanggang magkaron ng brown crust. Baliktarin para maluto ang kabilang side.
- Gumawa ng space sa gitna ng kawali. Ilagay ang bawang at igisa ng 30 seconds. Ilagay ang cornstarch at ihalo sa mantika.
- Ilagay ang honey, toyo at tubig. Haluin ng mabuti. Lutuin ito hanggang lumapot ang sauce.
- Budburan ng chili flakes at asin.
- Patayin ang apoy kapag malapot na ang sauce.
- Ilipat ang honey garlic chicken sa serving plate at lagyan ng sauce sa ibabaw. Maglagay ng hiniwang spring onions bilang garnish.
- Pwede mong kainin ang honey garlic chicken na parang steak na may kasamang mashed potatoes o samahan ng mainit na kanin. Enjoy!