Say goodbye to bones! Enjoy your chicken wings in a new look but with the same great taste! Made more powerful and dusted with parmesan cheese. Best partnered with rice, fries or mashed potatoes. Munch the crunch!
WHAT IS PARMESAN CHEESE?
In the Philippines, the most famous cheese might be.. Eden cheese. This cheese is actually a branded processed one and is not necessarily a cheddar cheese. There are a lot of cheese varieties we have yet to find out. Eden cheese might be our comfort zone, but let’s have an adventure today and try to use one of the famous cheeses, the parmesan cheese.
What is a parmesan cheese? Personally, I rarely encounter this cheese (before I purchased my own). I had an unclear memory, as a child, of eating spaghetti at Shakey’s and the waiter offering me a small jar of parmesan cheese, telling me to add however I want.
I confirmed that parmesan cheese is really offered at restaurants when me and my partner ate at the Old Spaghetti House and there’s also a small jar of parmesan cheese in there. It’s really a thing! But why parmesan cheese and not cheddar or other cheeses?
Parmesan cheese is a type of hard cheese which is usually grated. Just like other cheeses, the parmesan cheese is made with cow’s milk and is aged for at least a whole year. Parmesan cheese uses calcium lactate which gives the zing and sharpness to it. Cheeses are usually made into a large wheel. But the good news is, you can buy an already grated parmesan cheese! Simply sprinkle them on top of your spaghetti and you’re done.
PARMESAN CHICKEN LOLLIPOPS
Chicken wings is really one of the best parts of the chicken. Simply fry them and coat them with sauce and then you’re already happy. This part of the chicken is exercise, meaning the meat is much juicy and tender when compared to the less exercise parts like chicken breast.
But for a child, eating chicken wings might be a challenge. This new niece of mine had troubles with eating her chicken wings because of “too much bones” (HAHAHA). Her mom removes the bones for her. If you are having similar problems, or just want to eat your chicken wings easier and faster, then the chicken lollipops is the best dish for you.
What I love about chicken lollipop is that you can still play with the sauces. I love experimenting sauces with my chicken wings and chicken lollipops. Among all sauces, cheese sauce is the most basic one and the type that everyone would surely love. I have been making creamy cheese sauce before but since I have bought my parmesan cheese last Sunday, it would really be fun using it this time.
If you wanna know how to make parmesan chicken lollipops, read and follow the quick steps below and them me how it went. Have fun!
HOW TO COOK PARMESAN CHICKEN LOLLIPOPS
Make sure to have extra free time since the preparation of the chicken wings might take a while especially if you will be making a large batch. I recommend you to sharpen your knife before anything else to make the process much easier and faster.
The first part of this recipe is turning the raw chicken wings into lollipops. You can do this by pushing the meat on one end and then scraping the bone. Sometimes, raw chicken meat is a bit rubbery in texture. It may be hard for the first few pieces but as you go by, this process will be easier. Just be careful not to cut the meat while pushing them.
When all the chicken lollipops are ready, you’ll realize that you’re 85% done with this recipe. Season the chicken lollipops and prepare a bowl of each coating (seasoned flour, beaten eggs, parmesan bread crumbs). Take note that the parmesan cheese is really salty so it would be better to be combined with the breadcrumbs rather than sprinkling them straight ahead.
Dip each lollipop in each of the coating and then deep fry. Do not overcrowd the pan to allow each of the chicken lollipops to fully cook. Deep frying them is similar to frying other chicken recipes. When golden brown and crispy, then it’s eating time!
I usually prepare around 3 to 4 different dips when I make my chicken lollipops. Try to experiment on which dip is your favorite. Yum!
Parmesan Chicken LollipopCourse: Uncategorized
8 pieces chicken wings
1/2 cup all purpose flour
Japanese style bread crumbs
Salt to taste
Pepper to taste
Garlic powder to taste
- Prepare the chicken wings and cut into three parts. Discard the wingtip. Separate the drumette from the wingette.
- Run the knife from the tip of the bone and gently push the meat on one end. Invert the meat to copy a lollipop. Scrape the bone. Cut the tip of the bone. Do the same steps with the wingette (only keep one bone).
- Transfer the chicken lollipops on a plate. Season with salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Place the Japanese style bread crumb in a bowl. Add a lot of parmesan cheese. Mix and set aside. Crack some eggs in a bowl and then whisk. In another bowl, add the flour. Season with some salt, pepper and garlic powder. Mix well.
- Dredge the chicken lollipop in the seasoned flour, then in the eggs and lastly, in the parmesan bread crumbs. Do these with all the chicken lollipops. Set aside.
- Heat a lot of oil in a pan. Deep fry the chicken lollipops until golden brown in color. Transfer them to a strainer or paper towel to drain excess oil.
- Place the parmesan chicken lollipops to a serving plate and serve with your favorite dipping sauce. Make papak or have it with some rice or pasta on the side! Yum!
Parmesan Chicken Lollipop Recipe (TAGALOG)
- 8 piraso ng pakpak ng manok
- 2 itlog
- 1/2 tasa ng harina
- Japanese style bread crumbs
- Parmesan cheese
- Garlic powder
- Ihanda ang mga pakpak ng manok at hiwain sa tatlo. Alisin ang tip nito. Hiwain ang joint sa pagitan ng drumette at wingette.
- Padaanin ang kutsilyo sa dulo ng buto at ipush ito sa isang dulo. Hilahin ang karne pabaliktad para magmukang lollipop. Iscrape ang buto. Hiwain ang dulo ng buto. Gawin ang mga steps na ito sa wingette (isang buto lang ang itira).
- Ilipat ang chicken lollipops sa isang pinggan. Budburan ng asin at paminta. Isantabi.
- Ilagay ang Japanese style bread crumbs sa isang bowl. Lagyan ng maraming parmesan cheese. Haluin at isantabi. Batihin ang mga itlog sa isang bowl. Sa isa pang bowl, ilagay ang harina at budburan ng asin, paminta at garlic powder. Haluin.
- I-dip ang mga chicken lollipops sa harina, sunod naman ay sa itlog at panghuli sa bread crumbs. Gawin ito sa lahat ng chicken lollipops. Isantabi.
- Magpainit ng maraming mantika. Ideep fry ang mga chicken lollipops hanngang maging golden brown. Ilipat ang mga ito sa strainer o paper towel para tumulo ang sobrang mantika.
- Ilagay ang parmesan chicken lollipops sa serving plate at ihain kasama ng iyong favorite dipping sauce. Papakin o samahan ito ng mainit na kanin. Yum!