Chicken Embutido is a Traditionanal Chicken recipe very popular in Philippines and is made by mixing minced chicken in layers with raisins, minced carrotseggs, evaporated milk, minced onion, grated cheese, garlic, pepper salt. The mixture is wrapped in a aluminium foil or softened banan leaf, and then steamed. With the different layers of flavor, one small bite of embutido is a feast in the mouth. It is usually served in a log-shaped aluminum foil. It can be eaten directly after steaming or fried
The embutido is another manifestation of the Spanish influence in the Filipino cuisine. The recipe of the embutido is adapted from the Spanish cured sausages. The ingredients of the embutido is modified through time to suit the likings of the people.
During different events especially the town fiestas, embutido is one of the dishes which is first to look for and consumed. Even though there are a lot of processed and ready-to-eat embutido which can be bought from the local grocery stores, nothing beats the classic homemade embutido.
HOW TO MAKE CHICKEN EMBUTIDO
Making a chicken embutido is much easier than how it looks. The only thing that might take you long is the preparation of the ingredients since there is a great variety of them. If you are creating a large batch of embutido with a lot of ingredients, it would be advisable to use an easy chopper or a chopping machine to help you with the preparation of the vegetables and the chicken.
Basically, you will combine all ingredients until you form a sticky and paste-like mixture. This is your embutido mixture. Place and wrap the embutido mixture in the aluminum foil. In this stage, you can add different fillings like sliced hotdogs, boiled eggs, ham and bacon, Cook the embutido by batches in a steaming pan. After this, the freshly-steamed embutido can already be eaten. Personally, I like to fry my embutido slices for crispy sides. Embutido is best served with rice and your favorite dipping sauce.
Chicken EmbutidoCourse: Chicken Recipes
1kg. ground chicken
1/2 cup raisins
1/2 cup carrots, minced
1 cup breadcrumbs
1/2 cup evaporated milk
1/2 cup grated cheese
1/4 cup sweet pickle relish
1 onion, minced
4 cloves garlic minced
red and green bell pepper
salt & pepper to taste
- In a bowl, add the ground chicken, raisins, carrots, sweet pickle relish, onion, garlic and the red and green bell peppers. Mix the ingredients well.
- In a separate bowl, add the egg, evaporated milk and breadcrumbs. Mix until it has a paste-like consistency.
- Add the egg mixure to the embutido mixture. Mix well until all the ingredients are well-distributed.
- Lay an aluminum foil in a flat and clean surface. Grease the foil with oil or butter to prevent the embutido from sticking too much.
- Pour a scoop of the embutido mixture on the aluminum foil. Flatten the mixture and add your desired fillings.
- Roll the foil with the embutido mixture into a log-shape roll. Wrap the foil and close the sides.
- Steam the embutido for 45 minutes to one hour under medium high heat.
- Let it cool before removing the foil. Serve and enjoy!