Binangkal is a deep-fried bread coated with sesame seeds, popular in Visayas and Mindanao. This is perfect to partner with coffee or hot chocolate. You’ll definitely love every bite of these little munchies!
- 1 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup powdered milk (or skimmed milk)
- 1 tbsp. baking powder
- 1 tbsp. melted butter (or margarine)
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 pc. egg
- 1/4 cup evaporated milk
- 1/2 cup sesame seeds
1. Combine flour, powdered milk and baking powder. Mix well. Set aside.
2.In a separate mixing bowl, combine melted butter, sugar, egg and evaporated milk. Mix well.
3. Combine wet and dry ingredients. Mix and knead until smooth.
4. Form into a ball. Then, coat with sesame seeds right away. (OR dip in water with little flour and coat with sesame seeds.
5. Deep fry until golden brown.