TTortang Sardinas or Sardines Omelette is a common and budget friendly omelette in Philippines, and is made with canned tuna, eggs, minced onion, garlic, spring onions, carrot and seasoned with pepper and salt. Whenever we are tight on budget, canned sardines are our go-to side dish (partner with rice). While canned sardines can be eaten as is or sautéed, it can be a little boring sometimes. Tweak it a little and turn it into something new by adding eggs and some veggies
Tortang Sardinas or Sardines omelet is very easy to prepare. You will only need some few ingredients like onion, garlic and a bit of carrot and greens but these are totally optional. Read down below for the recipe.
Sardines omelette commonly known as tortang sardinas in Philippines is very tasty and delicious . This sardine omelette is one of the popular Filipino sardines recipe. Tortang sardinas with egg or sardines and egg omelet is commonly made with tortang sardinas with carrots. There is another variation is there with tortang sardinas with cabbage is there. We are having both these popular canned sardines recipe
Tortang SardinasCourse: Easy Meals, Fish Recipes
2 cans Sardines
1 medium onion (minced)
2 cloves garlic (minced)
2 tablespoon minced spring onions
1/3 cup carrot (finely chopped)
salt & pepper to taste
2 tablespoon all purpose flour (optional)
- Separate the sardines from its sauce. Then mash the sardines into tiny bits. Set aside.
- Saute’ onion and garlic. Add carrot and saute’ for 2 to 3 minutes. Then add the mashed sardines. Saute’ for 1 minute. Once cooked, set aside and let it cool completely.
- Crack and beat 3 eggs. Add the sautéed sardines mixture. Add spring onions and flour. Mix well. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Mix well.
- Heat some oil in a pan. Scoop some mixture and shallow fry in medium heat. Flip to cook the other side. Cook until golden brown.
- Enjoy with your favorite dip. I used ketchup. Enjoy!