Egg drop soup is a perfect partner especially if you have fried meal. Rich with savory flavor and packed with healthy goodness, egg drop soup can be your go-to if you want to have some hearty meal.
Cook egg drop soup is very easy. You just need to boil some water (or chicken / vegetable stock if available) and put all your ingredients and viola! You have a warm, hearty soup in no time. This is perfect for those who don’t have much time to cook complex meal.
Egg Drop SoupCourse: Easy Meals, Soup Recipes
A perfect partner to your fried foods. Enjoy this easy and hearty egg soup!
4 cups water (or chicken stock)
1 piece. chicken broth cube
1 teaspoon. ginger (finely chopped)
1/2 cup carrot (finely chopped)
1/4 cup green onions (or any green leafy veggies)
2 tablespoon cornstarch (dissolved in 2 tablespoon water)
1/2 cup sweet corn
1 onion (minced)
salt & pepper to taste
- In a pot, boil the water (or chicken stock).
- Once boiling, add chicken broth cube (skip this if you are using chicken stock). Dissolve well. Then, add carrot, sweet corn, ginger and onion. Simmer for 3 to 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, crack 3 eggs in a bowl. Whisk then set aside.
- In another bowl, make a slurry. Dissolve the cornstarch in 2 tablespoon of water. This will help to help thicken up the soup. Set aside.
- After 5 minutes, season the soup with salt and pepper. Then add green onions. Stir in the dissolved cornstarch while continuously stirring. Next is the whisked eggs. Pour the egg small amount at a time while stirring to create silky egg strands. Simmer for 1 minute. Then remove from heat.
- Garnish with chopped spring onions. Enjoy!