Egg drop soup is a perfect partner especially if you have fried meal. Rich with savory flavor and packed with healthy goodness, egg drop soup can be your go-to if you want to have some hearty meal.
Cook egg drop soup is very easy. You just need to boil some water (or chicken / vegetable stock if available) and put all your ingredients and viola! You have a warm, hearty soup in no time. This is perfect for those who don’t have much time to cook complex meal.
Egg Drop SoupCourse: Easy Meals, Soup Recipes
A perfect partner to your fried foods. Enjoy this easy and hearty egg soup!
4 cups water (or chicken stock)
1 piece. chicken broth cube
1 teaspoon. ginger (finely chopped)
1/2 cup carrot (finely chopped)
1/4 cup green onions (or any green leafy veggies)
2 tablespoon cornstarch (dissolved in 2 tablespoon water)
1/2 cup sweet corn
1 onion (minced)
salt & pepper to taste
- In a pot, boil the water (or chicken stock).
- Once boiling, add chicken broth cube (skip this if you are using chicken stock). Dissolve well. Then, add carrot, sweet corn, ginger and onion. Simmer for 3 to 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, crack 3 eggs in a bowl. Whisk then set aside.
- In another bowl, make a slurry. Dissolve the cornstarch in 2 tablespoon of water. This will help to help thicken up the soup. Set aside.
- After 5 minutes, season the soup with salt and pepper. Then add green onions. Stir in the dissolved cornstarch while continuously stirring. Next is the whisked eggs. Pour the egg small amount at a time while stirring to create silky egg strands. Simmer for 1 minute. Then remove from heat.
- Garnish with chopped spring onions. Enjoy!
Watch Egg Drop Soup Recipe
Egg drop soup is very delicious and this egg drop soup recipe will help you to make most amazing homemade egg drop soup. This easy egg drop soup will guide you step by step instructions with photos to make best egg drop soup. Definitely this recipe will show you how to make egg drop soup