Looking for a “rushed” donut recipe? Or the recipe with the least ingredients? Yummy Kitchen got you!Would you believe that you can make a donut with just 3 ingredients? This quick and easy donut is made with only flour, baking powder and yogurt! Choose your coating, but we definitely recommend cinnamon sugar for this one. Yum!
WHAT IS A YOGURT?
The yogurt is the special ingredient which will do most of the magic for our quick and easy donut recipe. It is a dairy product, which is any food made from the cow’s milk. Yogurt is actually fermented cow’s milk. The Lactobacillus bacteria is the specific type of bacteria used in the yogurt-making process. Even if it is a bacteria, do not be scared as it is a safe one. This bacteria is also the one used in your favorite Yakult.
3 INGREDIENT DONUT
I have been seeing this quick yogurt bread recipes in Facebook for quite a time now. As a traditional baker who usually uses yeast, this is big news to me. At first, I simply got interested on the science behind it.
You may thought that yogurt is just a simple chilly treat which you can eat as a dessert or a snack. Little did you know that you can make a bread using yogurt! As mentioned earlier, the yogurt is a type of fermented milk. The bacteria in the yogurt is similar to the action done by yeast in our breads. It helps in making your dough rise, in a quicker way! Of course, we do not want a flat donut.
Aside from this, using some yogurt adds some fat to the bread instead of using oil or butter. Its creaminess helps keep the bread moist and of course, adds a hint of creaminess to the bread.
Having my niece’s playmates come over to our house is a great chance to try this yogurt donuts recipe. Kids love donuts! I was really excited to try different coating for this donut balls and cinnamon sugar would be nice.
If you wanna know how to make a donut with just 3 ingredients, read and follow the quick and easy recipe below. Happy cooking!
HOW TO MAKE 3 INGREDIENT DONUT
With just 3 ingredients, would you really believe we can make some donuts with just three simple ingredients?! This might be a shock to you, but yes we can!
Simply combine all the ingredients in a large bowl until you form a sticky dough. Unlike most breads which needs around 10 – 15 minutes of kneading, you will only need around 2 to 3 minutes for this one. If the dough is too sticky, you can add some flour to the surface or add some oil to your hands. Then, make them into balls. This recipe can yield to 15 – 19 donuts.
Deep fry the donuts in an oil heated at 180 C. The last thing you wanna think of is the coating. If you wanna keep it simple, powdered sugar coating is already enough. But since we are making these for the kids, a cinnamon sugar coating will surely boost their appetite.
You may experiment on other coatings that you like. Some of my suggestions would be white and dark chocolate with sprinkles, honey glazed donut or filled bavarian donut balls. Yum! Not just for kids, but for adults too!
3 Ingredient DonutsCourse: Desserts, Pastry, Snacks
1 ½ cup all purpose flour
1 ½ teaspoon baking powder
250 grams greek yogurt
- Coatings: (optional)
¼ cup white sugar
1 tablespoon cinnamon powder
¼ cup powdered sugar
- Add the flour and baking powder to a large bowl and then mix.
- Add the greek or plain yogurt and then mix until you form a large dough.
- Transfer the dough to a clean, flat surface and knead for around 2 to 3 minutes.
- Scoop around 1 – 2 spoons of the dough and roll them into a ball using your hands. Do this with the rest of the dough.
- Heat a lot of oil in a pan. Once it reaches 180 C, deep fry the donuts. Once they are golden brown in color, remove them from the pan and transfer to a strainer or paper towel to drain excess oil. Let cool.
- For the coating, simply combine the white sugar and cinnamon powder. Coat the donuts with the cinnamon sugar while still warm.
- Transfer the donuts to a serving plate. Have this with your afternoon tea or coffee. Enjoy!
3 Ingredient Donut Recipe (TAGALOG)
- 1 ½ tasa ng harina
- 1 ½ kutsarita ng baking powder
- 250 grams ng greek yogurt
- ¼ tasa ng asukal na puti
- 1 kutsara ng cinnamon powder
- ¼ tasa ng powdered sugar
- Paghaluin ang harina at baking powder sa malaking bowl.
- Ilagay ang greek o plain yogurt at ihalo hanggang makabuo ng malaking dough.
- Ilipat ang dough sa malinis na flat surface. Masahin ang dough ng 2 – 3 minuto.
- Kumuha ng 1 – 2 scoops ng dough at bilugin sa palad. Gawin ito sa natitirang dough.
- Magpainit ng mantika. Kapag umabot na ito sa 180 C, saka ideep fry ang mga donuts. Kapag golden brown na, alisin sa kawali at ilipat sa strainer o paper towel para tumulo ang sobrang mantika. Palamigin ng onti.
- Para sa coating, paghaluin ang asukal at ang cinnamon powder. Pagulungin ang donuts sa coating habang mainit init pa.
- Ilipat ang donuts sa serving plate. Ihain ito kasama ng iyong kape o tsaa. Enjoy!