Getting tired of the usual sautéed sardines? Turn those goodies into a fun snack with this Sardines fishball recipe. You will only need flour, salt and paper and a little bit of baking powder to puff it up and you’re good to go. Best partner with Manong’s fishball sauce or if not available, any dipping sauce will do. Let’s start cooking!
Sardines Fisball Recipe
- 1 can sardines
- 1 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 tbsp. baking powder
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tbsp. spring onion (minced) or malunggay
- 1 onion (minced)
- 3 cloves garlic (minced)
- 1/2 cup water (add more if needed)
- oil for frying
1. Mash the sardines (sauce included). Then add onion, garlic, spring onions. Mix well.
2. Add all purpose flour and baking powder. Mix well. Then add water small amount at a time until you achieve the right consistency (thick and not too runny). Season with salt and pepper to taste.
3. Heat some oil in a deep pan for deep-frying. Using two spoons, shape the mixture into balls. Then drop to a hot oil. Fry until golden brown.
Enjoy with homemade fishball sauce.
Sardines fish balls or sardines meatballs is very easy and popular all over the world. This fish meatballs recipe will guide you step by step instructions and come with sardines fish ball sauce recipe. You can enjoy this fish balls in tomato sauce or the sauce we made along with this. It is also called bola bola sardines or seafood meatballs and very popular in Mexico and known as mexican sardines in tomato sauce.