Nutella Pancakes or Nutella stuffed pancakes are a delicious mix of homemade pancakes filled with a burst of a delectable chocolate-hazelnut spread. An addictive snack for kids and adults alike, you can also freeze to reheat for the next day or bring to work to reheat and enjoy. Make them as a sweet snack to get through the day or as an indulgent dessert to wind down with after a hard day’s work.
A short Introduction
Nutella stuffed pancakes are a dream come true to many sweet aficionados. Use the ready to eat nutty and smooth Nutella spread, peanut butter, or your choice of chocolate and the outcome will still taste as delicious! Nutella, a popular brand known to many as a subsidiary of the even more famous valentine chocolate Ferrero. More Information and history about the iconic Nutella here : Nutella. This chocolate-hazelnut spread Is seen as a delicious addition to place over bread or on the side of freshly made pancakes for breakfast or as a snack, with many other recipes using this spread to enhance and make their dishes even more yummy. The addition of filling them into pancakes makes them even more delicious and heavenly. With many seeing pancakes as their weekend treat, a flat cake goodness that’s been made since the dawn of time. Around 600 BC to be exact, by ancient Greece consuming it as one would bread, without the sweetness, creating Pancake day with pancakes that look a bit closer to what we know now in 1100 AD thus establishing it as breakfast food and as a way to use up dairy products. It started getting fluffy with the addition to baking soda or baking powder in the 1700’s, adding cream and other liquids as flavorings like brandy in the 1800’s, and slowly modernizing it by adding toppings like maple or chocolate syrup, creating savory and dessert pancakes, and till now many are still creating more pancake flavored and pancake type options.
How to make Nutella pancakes? To make these deliciously gooey chocolate-y snack you’ll need to freeze some Nutella by scooping them and placing these in parchment paper, spreading to create chocolate disks, freeze while making the pancake batter by mixing all purpose flour, a little salt, sugar, some baking powder, egg, milk, and a dash of vanilla. Mix it till smooth, cooking a half a cup or so in a pan greased with butter, adding the chocolate disk in the middle before covering with batter. Flipping once one side turns brown, and taking it out once both sides are golden. Serve topped with more Nutella, fruits, or with scoops of ice cream to truly make this a decadent choice of brunch, snack, or dessert!
Nutella pancakes calories are around 257 calories per 2 medium sized disks. It all depends on how much filling you add. There are many variations of these pancakes, some are made smaller to create Mini Nutella pancakes or Nutella stuffed mini pancakes, or add some fruits and other toppings to decorate and make livelier like popular Pancakes with Nutella and strawberries photos. Try out this next level pancake recipe!
Nutella PancakesCourse: Snacks, DessertCuisine: American
5medium sized pancakes
a chocolate-hazelnut lover’s dream dessert
A jar of Nutella
1 & ¼ cup all purpose flour
½ tablespoon baking powder
¼ cup sugar
1 teaspoon salt
1 large egg
⅔ cup milk
1 teaspoon vanilla
Butter for cooking
- Scoop ⅛ to ¼ cup of Nutella and place these in parchment paper. Spread into disks. Freeze for 1 – 2 hours.
- While waiting, sift together all purpose flour, baking powder, sugar and salt. Mix well.
- Add in the egg, milk, and vanilla. Mix till smooth. Optional: Place in the fridge for 1 – 2 hours to help thicken.
- In a pan at medium heat, melt a teaspoon or so of butter. Place ⅓ – ½ cup of batter and cook till it slightly bubbles.
- Place the Nutella disk in the middle, try to keep this in the middle. Pour over ⅓ or ½ cup of batter to cover the chocolate disk.
- Check if the bottom has browned. Flip and cook the other side till it’s golden before taking it out. Repeat till the batter is done.
- Serve with a drizzle or so of Nutella, ice cream, or fruits.
- Keep the Nutella disks frozen while cooking the pancakes to keep them from deforming/melting. they soften quite quickly especially in the sunny weather.
- The longer you keep the batter in the fridge the thicker it will get.
Nutella Pancakes (Tagalog)
- Isang garapon ng Nutella
- 1 & ¼ tasa harina
- ½ kutsara baking powder
- ¼ tasa asukal
- 1 kutsarita asin
- 1 malaking itlog
- ⅔ tasa gatas
- 1 kutsarita vanilla
- Mantikilya pang luto
Mga Hakbang :
- Magsandok ng ⅛ to ¼ tasa ngNutella at ilagay ang mga ito sa parchment paper. Ilatag ng pabilog at ifreeze ng 1 – 2 na oras.
- Habang naghihintay, Salain ang harina, baking powder, asuka at asin. Haluin ng mabuti.
- Ihalo ang itlog, gatas at vanilla. Haluin hanggang makinis tingnan. Iiwan sa ref ng 1 – 2 oras para kumapal.
- Ilagay ang kawali sa kalan na may katamtamang init. Tunawin ang 1 kustaritang mantikilya bago ilagay ang ⅓ – ½ tasa ng batter at iluto hanggang may makitang mga bula.
- Ilagay ang Nutella disk sa gitna, subukang panatilihin ito sa gitma. Takpan ng ⅓ or ½ tasa ng batter para takpan ang tsokolate.
- Tinganan kung nagkulay kayumanggo ang ibaba. Pagbaliktarin at lutuin hangang parehong kulay kayumanggo ang bawat gilid bago tanggalin sa kawali. Ulitin hanggang maubos ang batter.
- Iserb na may Nutella, ice cream, o frutas.