Milo Pancake is made by pan cooking a batter made with milo powder, all purpose flour, sugar, egg, butter, baking powder and salt. This Milo Pancake is delicious healthy and kids will love it and very popular in Philippines. You can try this milo pancake recipe for breakfast or snack. It is another way to use you Milo chocolate drink and tweak it into something more fun and tasty. Kids (and kid at heart like me) would definitely love this chocolatey Milo pancake!
What is Milo?
Milo is a chocolate powder drink that usually comes in a pack or sachets. When I was young, my mom used to buy packets of Milo that I and my siblings would drink on breakfast.
Milo is known for its malt and chocolate content. They are usually prepared with hot water or milk. This is very popular in Asian countries like Philippines, Malaysia, Singapore, etc. Since it is in powder form, it is a good idea to include them in some other recipes like Pancakes.
HOW TO COOK MILO PANCAKE
MIXING: Start by combining all the dry ingredients. Mix well. In a separate bowl, combine the liquid ingredients. After mixing, dry and liquid ingredients will be combined to make a smooth pancake batter.
FRYING: First, you have to lightly grease your pan to prevent your pancake from stick. Then, pour some pancake mixture. Cook until the top is bubbly. Flip to cook the other side. Fry the rest of the pancakes.
SERVING: You can sprinkle some fruits and powdered sugar on the top of pancakes when serving. You can also pile it up and frost with homemade chocolate sauce.
Milo PancakeCourse: Desserts, Easy Meals, Snacks
2 (22g) sachets Milo powder
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1 tbsp. sugar
1 piece egg
1 tbsp. oil (or melted butter)
1/2 cup water (or milk)
1 tsp. baking powder
pinch of salt
- In a mixing bowl, combine the milo powder, all purpose flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. Mix well then set aside.
- In a separate bowl, combine the egg, water and oil. Mix until well-combined.
- Then, pour the liquid ingredients to the dry ingredients. Mix well to combine. Make sure that there’s no lumps. Do not overmix. After mixing, let it rest for 10 minutes.
- Grease the pan with a little bit of oil. Pour some pancake mixture to it. cook until the top starts to bubble up. Use low heat.
- Once the top is bubbly, flip to cook the other side. Cook for a few minutes until firm. Fry the rest of the pancake batter.
- Enjoy with your favorite sauce.
Watch how to cook Milo Pancake