Melon jelly Dessert is made by melon coloured jelly made with gelatin powder, water, melon condensed milk and all purpose cream, tapioca pearl and few drops of melon floor. The melon jelly dessert is a sweet and creamy chilled dessert made with melon-flavored jelly cubes and chewy tapioca pearls! Parents can enjoy this sweet dessert too! it something delightful to eat while watching favorite series.
WHAT ARE MELONS?
Melon is a fruit with a greenish-gray skin, musk scent and a slightly sweet flesh. It may somehow look like a watermelon, but the skin is grainy and is much smaller in size. As you divide the fruit into halves, a lot of seeds will show up. The seeds are removed and the orange part of the flesh is whats enjoyed. Some people know melons as honeydew or cantaloupe.
Melon juice is one of the most refreshing drinks best partnered with maruya or turon during the afternoon. Whenever I went to the market to buy some ingredients, I make sure to eat these pair as a snack. What I like most about melons is its subtle sweetness, enough to make me satisfied.
Melon is a must-have during the New Year. We all know that superstition about the 13 round fruits on the table, right? Whenever we have melons at home, we either turn it into melon juice or scoop them into balls and then freeze a little before eating. Yum! And sometimes, I put my frozen melon balls into my fave cup and then pour some milk on it. Boom! Easy melon milky drink. Cheers!
A lot of desserts will be made extremely extravagant using melon flavor. But since the flavor from the fruit is subtle, melon flavorings are now used instead of the actual fruit. In this way, we can enjoy melon-flavored dishes in a snap.
Jelly desserts are one of the easiest and most enjoyable desserts to eat. Jellies are usually bought in the form of jelly powders which are easy to prepare at home. An advantage of using jellies is that you can add any flavor you want. They are usually fruit flavored or unflavored with different colors. They are also prepared quick and easy, by just boiling and then firming.
With the rise of Cocomelon, more and more kids love melons now since they associate it with the series. Even my new nephew who is just starting to talk tells us that he wants melons. Melons make a great fruit snack for kids. To treat their palate, we can try giving them other melon-flavored snacks which they would surely love. One of these is the melon jelly dessert.
The best and most economical way to make melon jelly is to use orange unflavored jelly and melon flavoring instead of the actual fruit. To make it more melon-y, the melon condensed milk will add its magic. This dessert will surely make them enjoy Cocomelon more.
To find out how to make this melon jelly dessert, read the recipe below.
HOW TO MAKE MELON JELLY DESSERT
If you have tried making any jelly recipe before, this melon jelly recipe would be familiar to you.
First, make the jelly. Make sure to use orange UNFLAVORED ones. Instead of sugar, add some condensed milk to make the jelly sweet and milky. In this recipe, I used a melon-flavored condensed milk. If you are to use plain condensed milk, I highly recommend you to use melon flavoring to achieve that melon sweetness in your jelly.
Cool the jelly and let it firm. Hahaha I remember my mom seeing my firm jelly and thought I was making a tray of kutsinta. In her defense, it kinda looked similar to it. Going back, I transferred my jelly to two trays. I cut the jelly into cubes on the first tray and shred the jelly on the second one. In this way, you can give more shapes and textures in your dessert.
Next, combine the jellies, tapioca pearls, cream and the rest of the condensed milk. Have a taste and see if you need to add more melon flavoring. The dessert is done and the last thing to do is to chill the dessert. You can also enjoy this dessert by adding a little water just to make it thin, and then adding some ice cubes. Enjoy!
Melon Jelly DessertCourse: Desserts
1 sachet (25g) orange gelatin powder (unflavored)
5 cups water
500 mL all purpose cream
1 can melon condensed milk
1 1/2 cup tapioca pearls (cooked)
few drops of melon flavor (optional)
- Pour the water in a saucepan. Add the jelly powder and mix until dissolved. Pour 1/3 of the melon condensed milk and set the rest aside. Mix well. Add a few drops of melon flavor (optional step).
- Heat the mixture using medium heat and allow it to boil. Watch out for spillage. Once boiling, turn the heat off.
- Transfer the mixture to a tray or container. Let it cool and set completely.
- When firm, cut the jelly into small cubes or shred using a coconut grater.
- In a large bowl, combine the jelly cubes, shredded jelly and the tapioca pearls. Mix well.
- Pour the all purpose cream and add the rest of the melon condensed milk. Mix until well-combined.
- Chill the melon jelly dessert for at least 2 hours before serving or add some ice cubes and you’re good to go. Enjoy!
Melon Jelly Dessert Recipe (TAGALOG)
- 1 sachet (25g) ng orange gelatin powder (unflavored)
- 5 tasa ng tubig
- 500 mL all purpose cream
- 1 lata ng melon condensed milk
- 1 1/2 tasa ng tapioca pearls (luto)
- melon flavor (optional)
- Paghaluin sa kaserola ang tubig, jelly powder at 1/3 lata ng melon condensed milk. Maglagay ng konting drops ng melon flavoring (optional step). Isantabi ang tirang condensed milk.
- Pakuluan ang jelly mixture gamit ang katamtamang apoy. Bantayan para hindi matapon. Kapag kumukulu na, patayin ang apoy.
- Ilipat ang jelly mixture sa isang tray o sa lalagyan. Hayaan itong lumamig at tumigas.
- Kapag matigas na, hiwain ang jelly sa maliliit na cubes o kayudin gamit ang coconut grater.
- Ilipat ang mga jelly cubes, kinayod na jelly at ang sago sa isang malaking bowl. Haluin.
- Sunod na ilagay ang all purpose cream at ang tirang melon condensed milk. Haluin ng mabuti.
- Palamigin ang melon jelly dessert ng 2 oras bago ihain o lagyan ng ice cubes. Enjoy!