A sandwich complete with a glossy egg, caramelized onions, a slather or sauces, and pillowy buttery buns, now who wouldn’t want a piece of that? This easy homemade version of the Eggslut Sandwich is a fun way to spend time with kids and is a great treat after. This recipe will make you smile and wonder why you haven’t thought of making a sandwich like this.
How did the Eggslut sandwich become popular?
Eggslut is an American sandwich chain with long lines of people waiting to try out their signature burger. Eggslut actually started out with humble beginnings as a food truck in 2011 by Chef Alvin Cailan and his cousin Jeff Vales, and begun to step into popularity with their signature creamy scrambled egg burgers. This their on genius technique of cheeses, and scrambled egg recipe, and many more secret methods that made the egg sandwich even more popular than the usual homemade egg spread for sandwiches. This masterpiece of a sandwich has even made its way all over UK, Singapore, Kuwait, Korea, and Japan. And is a haven for egg lovers and foodies who want something egg-y to eat for break, lunch and dinner.
Why do people love sandwiches?
The convenience of a sandwich is not to be taken lightly. Today’s lifestyle is fast paced and on the go, for some jobs you’ll rarely be given enough time to take a sit and eat a full meat. This makes it hard to take a break in a tightly packed schedule, which made the need to make convenient food or food that you can easily pack without making a lot of a mess, stored easily in a Ziploc bag or easy to pack needed. From being customizable, just needing a minutes to make, and being oh so tasty. Sandwiches are a filling and tasty way to eat for breakfast, take some bites out of for a quick lunch, an afternoon snack, or sometimes a dinner meal complete with fries or baked potatoes to make it extra filling. Its also been herald as a comfort food. Its nostalgic as many kids have had a sandwich for a lunch or breakfast, or a snack at least once in their life when they’re parents are in a rush or because its just as easy to make a savory sandwich and make a sweet peanut butter, peanut butter and jam, or the Japanese sweet cream with fruits sandwiches. It’s become a favorite dish for many that there are so many di-hard sandwich fans with each their own version of the ultimate sandwich. It may seem as a weird addiction to be obsessed with but sandwiches are just so wonderful that there are so many ways to make it that you wont ever get tired to trying to find the perfect sandwich for you. Sandwiches have different flavors, additional sauces, meats, bread options, even adding fruits, and cream, the textures, consistencies making it as temptingly delicious to healthy and the list goes on.
To make this popular and easy to do homemade eggslut sandwich. All you need are basic ingredients you can easily find at home with the inclusion of brioche buns which you can replace with any type of bread its you’d like. But brioche buns are preferred for their fluffy texture and buttery taste. Which are toasted on the pan with a bit of butter and set to the side to prepare the fillings. For the caramelized onions all you need is thinly sliced onions sautéed with a bit of oil with a little bit of honey for extra sweetness cooked to a nice brown color. For the scrambled eggs all you need to do is melt the butter, add in the eggs and mix it continuously to make easy scrambled eggs. This is then assembled with the bottom bread with ketchup spread all over the lower bun, the egg place over with some cheese that’ll be melted from the heat of the eggs, a scoop of caramelized onions, and covered with the top bun. Ready to be eaten and presented with some fries of a can of soda.
Look forward to your afternoons with this easy delectable sandwich that that’s so worth it to make you wont regret any minute in the kitchen.
Eggslut SandwichCourse: SnacksCuisine: American
An easy fun way to enjoy your egg sandwich
5 small white onion
1 tablespoon honey
1 ½ tablespoons butter
3 brioche buns
½ teaspoon cinnamon powder
- Cut the onions in half then thinly slice the onions lengthwise. Set aside.
- In a pan at medium heat, add oil and the onions. Sauté till it turns into a golden brown. Add honey and mix well. Continuously stir the onions till you’ve reached the color you like.
- In another pan in medium heat, melt 1 tablespoon butter and crack in the eggs. Mix till you’ve made scrambled eggs. Take it off the heat.
- In the same pan, melt ½ tablespoon butter mix in the cinnamon and place the brioche buns to toast. Flip and toast both sides.
- To assemble; place the bottom bread layer, spread ketchup over, add the scrambled egg, top it with cheese, and caramelized onion. And close the sandwich with the top bun.
Eggslut Sandwich recipe (tagalog)
- 5 maliit na puting sibuyas
- 1 kutsarang pulot
- 1 ½ kutsarang mantikilya
- 3 itlog
- 3 brioche buns
- ½ kutsarita cinnamon powder
- Hiwain ng kalahati ang mga sibuyas, hiwaan muli ng maninipis na pahaba. Itabi.
- Sa isang kawali na may katamtamang init, lagyan ng mantika at mga sibuyas. Lutuin hanggang mag kayumanggi ang kulay nito. Lagyan ng pulot at haluin ng mabuti. Haluin hanggang nagustuhan mo na ang kulay nito.
- Sa ibang kawali na may katamtamang unit, tunamin ang 1 kutsarang mantikilya, ilagay ang mga itlog at haluin hanggang manging scramble. Pagnaluto na tanggalin ito sa init.
- Sa parehong kawali, tunawin ang ½ kutsarang mantikilya at lagyan ng cinnamon at mga brioche buns. Itoast ang magkabilaan nito.
- Para ayusin; ilagay ang bambaba na tinapay, pahiran ng ketchup, ilagay ang itlog, keso, mga sibuyas, at takpan ng pang ibabang tinapay.