This Vegetable Pancake is made by mixing cabbage, carrot, parsley in a pancake batter made by all purpose flour, eggs, milk, pepper and salt. This vegetable pancake is a healthy vegetable dish and can be made in your home by followig our recipe.
Veggie pancake is one of the healthiest snacks you can serve for meryenda. It is a fused pancake and veggie dish which best works with different kinds of dipping sauces. I usually prepare this dish when my lolo craves for okoy but it was too hot to gather some ingredients. I always tell my lolo that the okoy and veggie pancake is the same, only that there is no shrimp in the veggie pancake. He smirks, but still eats the pancake HAHA.
I used to make veggie balls using almost the same recipe as this one. But to save time, I just shape them into patties instead of balls. Aside from making papak, this dish can also be used as a burger patty.
Vegetable pancake is my go-to dish whenever I am craving for takoyaki. It is a bit weird that this is the most reason why I make this dish. I am a fan of takoyaki but has no takoyaki pan. I also watch some Japanese guy from Facebook making some takoyaki and it’s a simple but long process. Then, I watched some girl make some “okonomiyaki”, a dish which felt similar to takoyaki. It is like a giant takoyaki pancake!
Veggie pancake is a very flexible dish but I would love to have it with different dipping sauces. Since I love takoyaki, I make some veggie pancake, pour some oyster sauce and mayo over it, and some bonito flakes. Low budget but high value takoyaki!!
If you wanna know how to make some veggie pancake, simply read and follow the easy steps below. Happy cooking!
HOW TO MAKE VEGETABLE PANCAKE
Making vegetable pancakes is super easy. It would include a lot of chopping and prepping at the start. This would be easier when you have tools like vegetable chopper or grater.
Simply chop the vegetables into small pieces. In this recipe, I used cabbage, carrots and parsley. You can also add any vegetable you like. Basically what we will be doing is making a vegetable mixture which looks like a giant batter. To make the batter, simply combine eggs, milk, baking powder and flour. If you have no milk, you can substitute this with water.
Once you make the batter, all there’s left to do is to fry them like patties. Gently flatten them to make sure that the batter is cooked through. Once both sides are cooked, transfer them to the serving plate.
I usually have this with my special suka dipping sauce. Other times, I just pretend its okonomiyaki and pour some oyster sauce, mayonnaise and bonito flakes on top. Alternatively, you can also use this as a veggie patty for your burger. Happy eating!
Vegetable PancakeCourse: Vegetable Recipes
300 grams cabbage (chopped)
1 piece large carrot
1 bunch of parsley
1/2 cup fresh milk
1 teaspoon ground black pepper
1/2 tablespoon salt to taste
1/2 cup of flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
- Wash the cabbage and then slice them thinly. Chop them into smaller pieces. Prepare the carrot and grate. Chop the parsley into small pieces. Place all chopped veggies in a large bowl.
- In another bowl, crack the eggs and whisk well. Add the fresh milk, ground pepper, salt, baking powder and flour. Mix well until you get the right consistency.
- Pour this mixture to the veggie mixture. Mix until well combined.
- Heat some oil in a pan. Scoop a tablespoon of the veggie mixture and place in the pan. Gently flatten them to turn into pancakes. Cook them using low heat. Flip them to cook the other side.
- Transfer the vegetable pancake to a serving plate. Serve with your favorite dipping sauce. You can eat this as a snack or have it with some hot rice. Yum!
Vegetable Pancake Recipe (TAGALOG)
- 300 grams ng repolyo (hiniwa)
- 1 malaking carrot
- 1 tumpok ng parsley
- 4 itlog
- 1/2 tasa ng fresh milk
- 1 kutsarita ng durog na paminta
- 1/2 kutsara ng asin
- 1/2 tasa ng harina
- 1 kutsarita ng baking powder
- Hugasan ang repolyo at hiwain ito ng maninipis. Ichop ito sa maliliit na piraso. Ihanda ang carrot at I-grate. Hiwain ang parslet sa maliliit na piraso. Ilipat ang mga hiniwang veggies sa malaking bowl.
- Sa isa pang bowl, batihin ang mga itlog. Sunod na ilagay ang fresh milk, durog na paminta, asin, baking powder at harina. Haluin ng mabuti hanggang makuha ang tamang lapot.
- Ibuhos ang mixture na ito sa veggie mixture. Haluin ng mabuti.
- Magpainit ng konting mantika. Kumuha ng isang scoop ng pancake mixture at ilagay sa kawali. Medyo piratin ang mga ito para magmukhang pancake. Lutuin ang mga ito gamit ang mahinang apoy. Baliktarin ang mga ito para maluto ang kabilang side.
- Ilipat ang vegetable pancake sa serving plate. Ihain ito kasama ng iyong favorite sawsawan. Pwede itong kainin bilang meryenda o iulam sa kanin. Yum!