Fudge Chocolate Brownies is made with dark chocolate, butter, all purpose flour, sugar, eggs, vanilla extract, baking soda, cocoa powder and oil. It has been topped up with a chocolate ganache made with chopped chocolate, all purpose cream and spread roasted nuts. The fudgy texture due to perfect oven timing and the balancing amounts of complementing ingredients make it a very popular baked-confection.
Chocolate Brownies with Chocolate Ganache Topping
Chocolate brownies has been a timeless food craze since then up until forever, I believe. But as I research thoroughly about it, I found out that this dessert was introduced as early as the end of 19th century and later made its name in half of the 20th century. I am surprised it took that long time before charming most people’s tastebuds.
There will always be this debate of what is the better texture, whether cakey or fudgy. But if you are to ask me, the fudgy chocolate brownie wins another million points. Isn’t it super satisfying to see the marks of the teeth as you bite a that incredible texture of brownie.
How to Make Fudge Chocolate Brownies with Rich Chocolate Ganache Topping
Achieving the perfect fudgy and dewy texture of the brownie is a skill but you can easily master it by following precisely the recipe guide.
For the chocolate brownie, begin with melting the chocolates and unsalted butter through the use of microwave. Then, as simple as it is, try adding other ingredients such as sugar, vanilla extract, eggs, a bit of salt together with the sifted flour, baking soda and cocoa powder. Pour the mixture into the pan while making sure is it spread out and no more air bubbles before baking it in a preheated oven. Set it aside and let it cool for a while.
The ganache is made up of only two factors: chocolate and heavy cream. Melt the two together using medium heat microwave. If microwave is not available, you are free to use a double-boiler. Then you can now spread this evenly on top of the premade brownie. Sprinkle roasted chopped nuts all over for richer overall taste.
Fudge Chocolate Brownies with Rich Chocolate GanacheCourse: Cake Recipes, Desserts
- FOR THE CAKE
100g chopped dark chocolate (around 2/3 cup)
1/2 cup unsalted butter
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
2 large eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup all purpose flour
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
butter or oil for greasing
- FOR CHOCOLATE GANACHE
1 cup chopped chocolate
1/2 cup all purpose cream or heavy cream
roasted chopped peanuts or any preferred nuts
- In a bowl, start melting the chopped dark chocolate with the unsalted butter using a microwave or double-boiler. Stir until completely melted. Let it cool for a few minutes.
- Once cooled down a little, add granulated sugar and brown sugar. Mix until combined. Then add eggs one at a time. Stir in between until all eggs are added and well-combined. Then add vanilla extract and salt. Mix well.
- Using a clean finger, check if the sugar is completely dissolved. Once ready, sift the flour, baking soda, and cocoa powder. Make sure to sift properly to prevent lumping parts. Then give it a good mix once more.
- Prepare an 8×8 baking pan greased with butter or oil. Line with parchment or baking paper for easier unmolding.
- Then, gently pour the brownie mixture to the baking pan. Tap against the table to remove air bubbles.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 180°C for 20-25 mins. Do the toothpick test to see if it’s ready. After that, let it cool and set.
- FOR CHOCOLATE GANACHE
- Combine chopped chocolates and heavy cream in a heat-proof bowl. Microwave for a minute until melted. Stir until completely melted and shiny. (you can also do a double-boiler method)
- Pour the hot chocolate ganache onto the brownie. Top it with any kind of roasted nuts to suit your liking. Chill for at least 4 hours.
- Finally, you can cut your fudgy chocolate brownie into small bite-sized cubes and set it in a small cupcake liner. Enjoy!
- Pre-heat oven at 180C before you start making the mixture to save time.
- FOR DOUBLE-BOILER. Use a heat-proof bowl that can fit on the top of a pan. Boil water and put the bowl on the top of it. Make sure that the bottom of the bowl is not touching the water. The heat coming from the steam of the boiling water will cook or melt the chocolate in the bowl.
- Toppings are optional. You can also change it into other nuts like almonds and pistachios
- Chill the brownies first for the chocolate ganache to set before serving. It tastes really good chilled!
Watch how to Make Fudge Chocolate Brownies with Rich Chocolate Ganache
Are you looking to make homemade brownies, then this brownie recipe with cocoa powder will show you how to make brownies from scratch. fudgy brownies are very tasty and delicious and this easy brownie recipe will show you brownies with cocoa powder. This is one of the best fudgy brownie recipe you can make homemade fudge brownies for your family. Enjoy