Ginisang Tahong is a Filipino mussel dish made by sautéing mussels in a sauce made with butter, garlic, onion, ginger, pepper and fish sauce. This Ginisang Tahong with Sprite is made more scrumptious by adding extra flavour of sprite to the traditional Ginisang Tahong. Cooking mussels has never been this simple, if you follow this yummy kitchen recipe of Ginisang Tahong with Sprite. Ginisang Tahong without shell can also be made easily.
Ginisang Tahong with Sprite
Ginisang Tahong with Sprite, or Sauteed Mussels, is yet another product of Filipino clever cooking. This recipe comes with the fewest ingredients possible to make a seafood soup delicacy. With the sauteed fresh mussels and rich seasonings braised in lemon soda or Sprite, you can enjoy an affordable and easy-made bowl of Ginisang Tahong.
Mussels, as the main ingredient, tastes as promising as its high nourishing factors. This particular seafood has high levels of beneficial fats and vitamins. These compositions help to improve brain functions and lower inflammatory conditions. There is another method of making Ginisang Tahong with oyster sauce. Tahong recipe with oyster sauce have a pleasant and distinct flavour.
How to Make Ginisang Tahong with Sprite
Do not be intimidated by cooking mussels. This Ginisang Tahong recipe is made super easy and affordable, too. With a very few ingredients and a clear recipe guide, you’re all set!
To start off, you need to wash and rinse the mussels properly or even brush if necessary. Mussels, being the most influential ingredient, must taste perfect. Now, melt the butter in a pan over low-medium heat. Saute the sliced ginger, chopped onions, and minced garlic until it aromatizes. Then, add the mussels and stir fry for a few seconds. Let it simmer for 3 minutes in a fully covered pan. Buttered tahong recipe is very much good and tasty.
Here comes the lemon soda or Sprite. Pour down the Sprite into the pan of mussels and season with desired amount of fish sauce, salt, and pepper. Stir for a few seconds to evenly cook all the mussels before covering it again with the pan lid. Let it simmer for 8-10 minutes or until some of the liquid has been absorbed by the mussels. Get yourself a bowl of mussels and soup while it is still hot. Yum! We can see below how to cook tahong.
This tahong recipe will show you how to make Ginisang Tahong in step by step instruction and procedure. Ginisang Tahong or filipino mussel soup is vary delicious and popular all over the Philippines. This Ginisang tahong recipe is with sprite variety and comes with ingredients list and a recipe video. We believe this is the best Ginisang tahong recipe will give you one of most tasty Ginisang tahong you ever eaten
Ginisang Tahong with SpriteCourse: Seafood
1 kg Mussels (Tahong)
3 tablespoon butter or margarine
1 medium-size chopped onions
ground black pepper
1 tablespoon fish sauce (patis)
3 cloves garlic
2 cups lemon soda (sprite)
- Heat the pan over low-medium heat then grease it with butter or margarine.
- Once the butter fully melts, it’s time to sauté the sliced ginger until it browns. Throw in next the chopped garlic and onion.
- Once the seasonings get aromatic, carefully add the mussels. Stir-fry the mussels in the pan for a minute.
- After that, cover the pan completely with its lid. Let it simmer for at least 3 minutes.
- Next, take off the lid then pour down the lemon soda (Sprite). Season with fish sauce, salt and pepper, enough amount based on your preference.
- Stir the mussels continuously to properly cook all sides. Then, cover again with the pan lid for 8-10 minutes.
- Transfer the hot mussels together with its soup into a big bowl. Best served when hot!
- Mussels are easy to find and affordable also. Make sure to pick a store in the marketplace that offers the ones with closed shells that look and smell fresh.
- Most mussels are alive when they are open. Press together the opened shells of the mussels to check if it is fresh. If it doesn’t close, you’ll know it is dead and therefore should be tossed away into the garbage together with the cracked ones.
- Before cooking the mussels, make sure to pull off its beards and rinse it thoroughly using a clean brush first.