Coca Cola chicken wings are made by adding coke, soy sauce, ginger, and green chilli to the fried salt and pepper marinated chicken wings and simmered until chicken wings is fully cooked and sauce become sweet and savory. Coca Cola chicken wings are sweet and savoury, sticky appetizer that will turn your movie night or game-time a fun time! The sweet, sticky glaze that ultimately coated every piece of wing can make anyone delighted.
Coca Cola Chicken Wings
Adding coke to the wings can bring your chicken wings experience to a whole new level. The phrase “it’s finger-licking good” is so appropriate to this recipe! You wouldn’t help but to lick your finger as you take a bit with these coca cola chicken wings.
The sweetness of the Coca Cola combined with other ingredients will make these chicken wings sticky and savory. One thing that I like in this recipe is that it keeps the chicken wings juicy in every bite. The taste is also almost similar to BBQ style chicken wings.
How to Make Coca Cola Chicken Wings
The cooking starts with cleaning and cutting the chicken wings. You can separate the drumette from the wingette by cutting the joint. You may or may not remove the tips. After cutting and washing the chicken, make sure to pat it dry before adding the other ingredients.
Season the wings with salt and pepper. One of the main things about this recipe is you don’t have to wait more time to marinate. You can just cook it right away. After seasoning, sear or stir-fry the chicken wings in a skillet. Once both sides are browned, time to add the coke.
Pour the coca cola over the browned chicken wings. Add the other ingredients too. You may omit ginger but trust me when I say that it adds flavor to the chicken. You may add other seasoning or herbs of your choice but I kept this coca cola chicken wings as simple as possible.
After adding the rest of the ingredients, simmer it over medium heat until the sauce is reduced and becomes glaze. The glaze will coat the chicken wings and give is a sticky, savory coating. Garnish it with spring onions or sesame seeds.
Coco cola Chicken Wing Recipe
Coca cola chicken wings is realy sought after item for party. This coca-cola chicken wings recipe will guide you to make tasty and delicious cola chicken wings for your guests. enjoy
Coca Cola Chicken WingsCourse: Chicken Recipes
1 kg. Chicken wings (cut in half)
1 bottle 300ml coca cola
salt and pepper to season the chicken
3 tbsp. soy sauce
1 tbsp. ginger (minced)
3 cloves garlic (minced)
green onions (and/or sesame seeds) to garnish (optional)
- Clean the chicken wings. Then, season with salt and pepper. Mix well until the wings are well-coated.
- In a skillet or pan, put some oil for shallow frying. Put the chicken wings until brown in both sides. Flip halfway to cook evenly.
- Once the chicken wings are browned, pour in the Coca cola. Add soy sauce, ginger and garlic. Toss to coat the chicken. Cook in medium heat until the sauce is reduced.
- Turn the chicken wings halfway to cook the other side.
- Once the sauce is reduced, turn the heat to high to thicken the sauce and becomes glaze. Cook for another 2 to 3 minutes. The chicken wings would be sticky.
- Garnish with chopped green onions or sesame seeds.