2-Ingredient Condensed Milk Chocolate Truffles is made With just a mix of two ingredients, condensed milk, cocoa powder. With a bit of patience, you’ll find yourself a nice bittersweet chocolaty treat. Great with a cup or hot chocolate, coffee, or tea.
What can you do with just 2 ingredients?
There are varying uses of condensed milk, to sweet candies, refrigerator cakes, and cold desserts, to savory milky soups and creamy sauces. A simple mix of condensed milk and cocoa makes an easy instant truffle-like dessert you can make any time. This also makes a fun and safe dessert you can makes with kids.
What is the difference between Condensed milk & Condensada?
Condesed milk was made as early as the 13thcentury as read from the writings of Marco Polo, milk paste was diluted with water and made to a drink. Though in 1820, france Nicolas Appert found that many had difficulties in keeping milk from spoiling. There was still no knowhow on how to keep food in storage. He managed to build a usable milk derivative to keep the milk lasting longer.
Condensed milk has a thicker consistency and is used for desserts like yema, dulce de leche, and any desserts that need thicker textured liquids. Condensed milk is a combination of regular milk thickened with sugar, a lot of sugar. This is then heated to get a thick texture. Then cooled to a gooey and very sweet canned ‘milk’.
While Condensada has a thinner and watery texture, mostly used for liquid-y desserts like leche flan, saucy dips, fruit salads, halo-halo, mais con yelo and the like. Condensada is similar to a combination of condensed milk and evaporated milk. A liquid consistency with less sugar than a condense milk. Though this still has a significant amount of sweetness added.
Take a break and have a bite of this sweet chocolaty treat!
What can you do with condensed milk and cocoa powder?Course: Desserts
A easy chocolate-y treat
½ cup condensed milk or condensada
1/3 – ½ cup cocoa powder
Extra cocoa powder for dusting
- To prepare; sift 1/3 – ½ cup cocoa powder and set aside.
- Place the condensed milk in a microwavable bowl. Heat it in microwave for 20 -30 seconds or till it feels warm.
- Add 2 tablespoon of cocoa at time, mixing this till it gets thick or feels too thick to mix. Add more cocoa powder as needed.
- In a mold, line this with cling wrap; sift cocoa powder on it to make it easier to remove after. Place the condensed chocolate ‘candy’ and cover this with cling wrap. Chill for 1 – 2 hours in the fridge.
- Prepare a board or plate and sift it generously with cocoa powder. Place the chocolate candy over this and cover this with again with cocoa before cutting it into 9 – 12 pieces.
- Optional: generously sift with cocoa to prevent it from sticking together. You can also mold the shape any way you want or fix the corners to make it look more rounded.
- Condensada is watery so add at least twice of the cocoa powder or as much as needed to thicken this.
- You can also heat the condensed milk in a pot if the microwave is not available.
- If you want to easily chill the ‘candy’ leave this in the freezer for 30 minutes to an hour.
- Using a mold is just optional. You can also just use a cling wrap to form it into any shape you prefer, or mold these into balls.
Condensed milk and cocoa Recipe (tagalog):
- ½ tasa condensed milk or condensada
- 1/3 – ½ tasa cocoa powder
- Sobra na cocoa powder pang pagpag
- Para ihanda, salain ang 1/3 o ½ tasa ng cocoa powder at itabi.
- Ilagay ang condensed milk sa tasa na pwedeng imicrowave. Initin ito sa microwave ng 20 o 30 na Segundo, o hangang mainit init ito.
- Dagdagan ng 2 kutsarang cocoa sa bawat halo, ulitin ito hangang parang kumapal ito. Dagdagan ng cocoa powder kung kinakailangan.
- Gamit ang molde, linhayan ito ng cling wrap; salain ang cocoa powder para mabilis ito tanggalin. Ilugar ang tsokolate na kendi dito at takpan ng clingwrap. Palamigin sa ref ng 1 o 2 na oras.
- Maghanda ng board o plato at salain ng cocoa powder. Ilugar ang tsokolate na kendi dito, lagyan ulit ng cocoa powder sa itaas nito bago hatiin ng 9 o 12 na piraso.
- Opsyonal: salain muli ng madaming cocoa powder para di sila dumikit sa isa’t isa. Pwdedo mong imolde ng kahit anong hugis o ayusin ang mga gilid nito para di mukang matulis.