Time for a palate cleanse! The mango graham ref cake is one of the best desserts to be eaten after a heavy meal. The sweetness and creaminess of this dessert truly seals the deal. Best for sweet tooth and mango lovers. Yum!
WHAT ARE REF CAKES?
With the evolution of cakes, ref cakes are truly the reigning ones in the present day. Compared to traditional cakes which are baked in an oven, ref cakes do not need any special equipment for you to make one (aside from the ref). These ref cakes are usually cream based and are frozen similar to an ice cream. Some of them use jelly as a stabilizer.
More and more ref cake flavors are evolving so lets try to make one today! If you wanna learn how to make mango graham ref cake, simply follow the recipes below. Have fun!
MANGO GRAHAM REF CAKE
Mango graham cake has been one of the best cakes ever since. But as we all know, this cake is very tedious to make since you gotta deal with each graham cracker. Luckily, mango graham ref cake which uses crushed grahams instead of whole, existed.
Just like regular cakes, you can experiment with different flavors for the ref cakes. One of my favorite ones is the mango graham ref cake. Desserts with both mangoes and cream are my OG favorite ones. The combination of the fruity mango and the unique sweetness and texture of the grahams are what makes it a legit favorite.
I love making this cake especially when I know I’m gonna have a tough week ahead. I make a large tub on Sunday and consume them until Friday. Still one of the best comforting foods!
HOW TO PREPARE MANGO GRAHAM REF CAKE
Mango Graham Ref Cake is much easier than you think. This cake is no bake, no steam, so all we need to do is to create the layers.
For this dessert cake, our layers will be made using sweet cream, crushed graham crackers and cubed mangoes. The most bottom part layer is the crushed grahams. You can manually crush the graham crackers or buy the one that is already crushed.
The sweet cream will be made using all purpose flour and condensed milk. These two must be chilled overnight first before using. An electric mixer will do the job faster and easier. Beat the all purpose cream just until soft peaks form and then add the condensed milk. And the sweet cream layer is done. I usually transfer the cream to a piping bag, just so I can control them when putting it into the container for later. The piping bag is totally optional as long as you can add the cream at ease.
For the mango cubes, get the ripest mangoes you can get, as they are the sweetest. Slice a portion of them into cubes (which will be added in between the layers and as topping) and reserve some which are to be made into a puree.
Start by layering the ingredients until you fill the container up. Smoothen the top and decorate the cake however you like. In my recipe, I added a bunch of mango cubes on all the sides of the cake, leaving a space in the middle. I made a mango jelly puree by combining jelly powder, water and pureed fresh mangoes. This style really makes it look like an expensive cake!
Chill the dessert cake first to allow the cream to set. Slice the mango graham ref cake and consume when chilled. Yum!
Mango Graham Ref CakeCourse: Desserts
3 large mangoes (diced and blended)
2 packs (250 ml x 2) all purpose cream (chilled overnight)
1 can (300 ml) condensed milk (chilled overnight)
1 cup crushed grahams
3 teaspoons unflavored jelly powder
2 tablespoons of sugar
1/3 cup hot water
- Place the chilled all purpose cream in a mixing bowl. Beat it using an electric mixer until soft peaks form.
- Add the condensed milk and beat until well combined. Transfer the cream mixture to a piping bag.
- Prepare the container. Put a layer or crushed grahams at the bottom. Then, add a layer of the cream mixture. Next, add a layer of cubed mangoes then another layer of cream mixture. Repeat these layers until you fill the container up. Smoothen the top using a spatula.
- Let the cake freeze for about an hour.
- For the toppings, blend around a cup of mangoes to turn into a puree.
- Pour the hot water in a bowl then add the sugar. Stir to dissolve. Add the mango puree and mix well. Add the jelly powder and the mix. Set aside.
- Decorate the top of the cake with some cubed mangoes. Also, pour the mango jelly mixture on top of the cake. Slide from left to right to spread the jelly evenly.
- Let the cake chill for 5 hours or overnight to set.
- Grab a slice of the mango graham ref cake and serve it chilled! Yum!
Mango Graham Ref Cake Recipe (TAGALOG)
- 3 malalaking mangga (hiniwa ng cubes at binlender)
- 2 packs (250 ml x 2) ng all purpose cream (pinalamig magdamag)
- 1 lata (300 ml) ng condensed milk (pinalamig magdamag)
- 1 tasa ng crushed grahams
- 3 kutsarita ng unflavored jelly powder
- 2 kutsara ng asukal
- 1/3 tasa ng mainit na tubig
- Ilagay ang pinalamig na all purpose cream sa isang bowl. Batihin ito gamit ang electric mixer hanggang makuha ang soft peaks.
- Ilagay ang condensed milk at haluin gamit ang mixer. Ilipat ang cream mixture sa isang piping bag.
- Ihanda ang lalagyan. Maglagay ng isang layer ng crushed grahams sa pinakailalim. Maglagay ng sunod na layer ng cream mixture. Mag gawa ng isang layer ng mangga at sundan ito ng cream mixture. Ulitin ang mga layers na ito hanggang mapuno ang lalagyan. Iflatten ang ibabaw na mixture gamit ang spatula.
- Ilagay sa freezer ang cake ng isang oras.
- Para sa toppings, ilagay sa blender ang isang tasa ng mangga para maging puree.
- Maglagay ng mainit na tubig sa isang bowl at ilagay ang asukal. Haluin hanggang matunaw. Ilagay ang mango puree at haluin. Sunod na ilagay ang jelly powder at haluin para matunaw. Isantabi.
- Idecorate ang ibabaw ng cake gamit ang mango cubes. Ilagay ang ginawang mango jelly mixture sa ibabaw ng cake. Islide ito ng konti para pantay na kumalat ang jelly.
- Palamigin ang cake ng 5 oras o magdamag para magset.
- Kumuha ng isang slice ng mango graham ref cake at enjoy!