Potato Pancake is with Hotdogs is a scrumptious pizza-like pancake and made with thinly sliced potato, eggs, sliced hot dogs, grated cheese, sesame seeds. Sprinkled with some hotdogs and a lot of cheese, this pancake will truly serve as a great afternoon snack. Have your hot sauce prepared with this one! Yum!
POTATO PANCAKE WITH HOTDOG
This potato pancake with hotdogs is one of the recipes I invented because my baby niece wants some. She specifically requested “a pizza with potato instead of bread”. And since I have potatoes in the pantry, this little baby can have her request granted. This type of dish may sound weird at first but is really awesome once you’ve tried it out.
I have been using bread as an alternative to a lot of food but who would have thought that the alternative has an alternative too! Instead of making small oval pizzas, I decided to just fill a whole pan with sliced potatoes to serve as a base. Thinking of a binder, eggs would really do the work. This dish is a blank canvas in which you can add any ingredient you like. In this recipe, I used hotdogs to make this dish very kid-friendly since all kids love hotdogs!
If you wanna know how to make a potato pancake with hotdog, continue reading and follow the simple steps below. Have fun cooking!
HOW TO COOK POTATO PANCAKE WITH HOTDOG
Preparing potato pancakes with hotdogs is actually much easier than making real pancakes. This dish is a hybrid of pancake and pizza which will surely make a nice meryenda in the afternoon.
Start with slicing and frying the hotdogs first. You can also add other types of cold cuts like bacon, salami and others.
Instead of bread, the potatoes will be the carbohydrates used for the base of the pancake. Slice them thinly (thin enough but do not use a peeler) and then fry them just until they become fork tender. When done, arrange them in the pan before pouring the egg. I suggest you pour the beaten eggs slowly to estimate how much you will add in the pan. The eggs must serve as a binder to the potatoes. Too much eggs will make it look like an omelette with potatoes.
Add the grated cheese and hotdogs. Similar to a pizza, this dish would be super yummy if you can add different types of cheeses, especially quickmelt cheese. But the regular cheese may already do. Cover the pan to let the grated cheese melt.
When done, slice the potato pancake like a pizza. I sprinkled some black sesame seeds for garnish. You can also add a few drops of hot sauce before consuming. Yum!
Potato Pancake with HotdogsCourse: Easy Meals
2 pieces potato (thinly sliced)
2 large eggs
2 pieces hotdogs (sliced)
1/4 cup grated cheese
Salt and pepper to taste
Black sesame seeds (optional)
- Crack the eggs in a bowl and season with salt and pepper. Beat them well and then set aside.
- Heat some oil in a pan. Add the sliced hotdogs and cook them for a few minutes. Then, remove them from the pan.
- Using the same pan, fry the thin potatoes until fork tender. Season with some salt.
- Pour the beaten eggs in the pan and add the grated cheese and the cooked hotdogs. Season with some pepper and salt to taste. Cover the pan and let it cook for a few minutes.
- Turn the heat off and sprinkle some black sesame seeds.
- Transfer the potato pancake with hotdog to a serving plate. Slice into serving pieces. Yum!
Potato Pancake with Hotdog Recipe (TAGALOG)
- 2 piraso ng patatas (hiniwa ng maninipis)
- 2 malalaking itlog
- 2 piraso ng hotdog (hiniwa)
- 1/4 tasa ng grated cheese
- Asin at paminta
- Black sesame seeds (optional)
- Batihin ang mga itlog sa isang bowl at budburan ng asin at paminta. Isantabi.
- Magpainit ng mantika. Ilagay ang mga hotdog at iprito ng ilang minuto. Alisin ang mga ito sa kawali.
- Gamit ang parehong kawali, iprito ang mga patatas hanggang maging malambot. Budburan ang mga ito ng asin.
- Ibuhos ang binating itlog sa kawali at lagyan ng grated cheese at hotdogs. Budburan ng asin at paminta. Takpan ang kawali at hayaan itong maluto ng ilang minuto.
- Patayin ang apoy at budburan ito ng black sesame seeds.
- Ilipat ang potato pancake with hotdog sa serving plate. Hiwain ito sa serving piece. Yum!