Polvoron is a Filipino snack wrapped in Cellophane paper, made with all purpose flour, powdered milk, butter and sugar. You can make it in different flavours by adding your favourite powder like milo, chocolate. crushed cookies etc. In some parts of the world, Polvoron is considered as delicacy prepared for special occasions and holiday. You can make this famous street snack in your home with this recipe.
This polvoron recipe will show you how to make the polvoron with simple steps and procedures. Just follow the recipe and you will see that the bet polvoron is there for you to treat your dears with most delicious polvoron you ever made. This polvoron recipe contains milo polvoron and cookies and cream polvoron
How to Make Polvoron
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 cup skimmed milk (or any powdered milk)
- 3/4 cup melted butter (or margarine)
- 3/4 cup sugar (adjust as needed)
- cellophane or wax paper for wrapping
1. Toast the all purpose flour in a pan in low heat until lightly brown. (around 15 minutes). After toasting, let it cool completely.
2, Once cooled down, add the powdered milk, sugar and melted butter. Mix well until you achieve sand-like texture.
3. Mold the polvoron using a molder. Then, chill for at least 30 minutes before wrapping (to hold its shape while wrapping).
TO ADD FLAVORS
- For cookies and cream, crush any cream-filled cookies like Oreo. For this recipe, you’ll need 1 cup crushed cookies and cream.
- For milo flavor, add 2 to 4 sachets of 20grams Milo or 1/2 cup milo in this recipe.
Please note this dish also attracted these key words
- polvoron philippines
- filipino polvorones recipe
- polvorones recipe filipino
- polvoron filipino recipe
- goldilocks polvoron recipe
- filipino cookies
- how to make polvoron