Banana bread is a type of bread made from mashed overripe/ripe bananas. This banana bread recipe is not only going to help you make a delicious cake-like bread, but one that will surely make your mouth water every time you think of banana bread. Its the ultimate moist banana bread recipe that can be loaded with your choice of toppings.
A quick search on the internet for “moist banana bread” will overwhelm you with tons of variations on this classic cake-like bread. So, the question is what is the best “moist banana bread” online? What is the secret to a moist banana bread, which lovers of this classic quick-bread can’t seem to get enough? Well, if you ask me the secret to a moist banana bread boils down to the ingredients used.
Below are the three important ingredients that make good moist banana bread:
- Oil – Cakes made with oil is far superior in texture than those made with butter. Cakes with oil is more loftier, moist and stays tender longer than cakes made with butter. So, if you want the cake to soar high and stay moist longer, use oil instead of butter.
- Dark Brown sugar – Adding brown sugar gives the bread a touch of molasses. It is a fact that molasses when used in cakes can give it an added moisture. Aside from making the bread even moister, it also gives the bread a darker color. That is why, swapping a portion of your white sugar to dark sugar or brown sugar is always a good idea.
- Overripe bananas – There is no such thing as overripe bananas when it comes to banana bread. The more dark spots on the bananas the better, as long as the bananas are not moldy. Overripe bananas give the bread an added sweetness that makes it even more yummier.
So, if you are craving for banana bread and have all the necessary ingredients to make one, don’t be afraid to bake one. Satisfy your cravings with the help of this moist banana bread recipe. You may also check out our other “banana” recipes or subscribe and get in touch with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and Youtube for all of the latest updates.
Moist Banana BreadCourse: Snacks
This recipe for moist banana bread is all that you need. It can be loaded with nuts, chocolates, or whatever your heart desires.
4 ripe banana
1 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 cup buttermilk (120ml)
1/4 cup oil (60ml)
1/4 dark sugar (50g)
1/2 cup white sugar (100g)
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
- Preheat oven to 160c (320F). Line a 9-inch loaf pan with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, mash 4 ripe banana. Next, add eggs, oil, buttermilk, and vanilla, then whisk until well incorporated.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients, starting with the sugar then the flour, baking soda, and salt. Mix thoroughly.
- Transfer batter into loaf pan and top with assorted nuts.
- Bake for 45 to 60 minutes or until toothpick inserted comes out clean. Remove from oven and allow to cool in the pan for at least 10 minutes before taking it out. Let it cool completely in the baking rack.
- Serve and enjoy!
- I recommend using overripe lacatan (banana) for this recipe.
- It is best to use neutral oil such as corn or canola oil.