Garlic Parmesan Chicken Wings is a Filipino dish made by chicken wings, salt, pepper, garlic powder, baking powder, all purpose flour, corn starch, cold water, butter, garlic, parmesan cheese and oil. Thinking of another way to spice up your chicken wings? Why don’t you try our Garlic Parmesan Chicken wings recipe, it’s very pleasant to wash away all that goodness with an ice cold beer on the side.
WHAT IT IS GARLIC PARMESAN CHICKEN WINGS
Garlic Parmesan Chicken Wings is a perfect chicken dinner choice for people on the go. Garlic Parmesan Chicken Wings is deep fried chicken wings coated with a crispy garlic coating seasoned with garlic and Parmesan cheese infused with butter, topped with more Parmesan cheese. It is pungent, crispy yet juicy inside. Its garlic is moderately hot and deep fried.
How to cook Garlic Parmesan Chicken Wings
It is made of chicken wings and is coated with cornstarch and flavored with garlic butter and parmesan cheese. This recipe is the perfect choice for buffalo wings if you’re not a fan of hot and spicy fried chicken wings. We need to prepare the chicken wings first. Cut the chicken wings from the joint part to separate the drumette and the wingette portion. Place all the chicken wings in a bowl and marinate with salt, pepper, garlic powder, baking powder and flour. Add a little water and mix well until combined.
Place the cornstarch in a separate plate and dredge the chicken wings to coat it. After coating all your chicken wings, prepare a deep frying pan for a deep frying of the chicken wings. Heat oil in medium-low heat. Place the chicken wings and fry them for about 10 minutes while turning to the other side to cook evenly. Don’t overheat your oil as it burns and overcooks your chicken.
After 10 minutes of cooking or until golden brown, place all your fried chicken wings in a strainer to strain the excess oil or in a cloth or paper towel plate to absorb the excess oil. Double fry the chicken for around 2 to 3 minutes in medium-high heat to make it more crisp and put in a strainer or tissue or paper towel again. Melt the butter in a clean deep frying pan in low heat.
Do not heat the pan first before adding the butter, as it can overcook and burn the butter. In a melted butter and about 1⁄4 cup of parmesan cheese, sauté the garlic and stir well until well combined. Lower the heat and put all the fried chicken on the butter mixture and stir to coat well the fried chicken wings with the butter mixture. Add the rest of the parmesan cheese and place the garlic parmesan cheese in a plate and serve it while it is still hot. You’re going to taste that tasty crunchy and juicy fried chicken wings.
Garlic Parmesan chicken wings are also better served with ranch or blue cheese along with French fries, potato wedges or mashed potatoes on the side. You can still enjoy this with steamed or fried rice. If you don’t want to use oil, but you still want garlic parmesan chicken wings, you might have preferred to bake it instead of frying it. Our Garlic Parmesan Chicken wings is ready to serve. The recipe below shows how to prepare the garlic parmesan chicken wings. Enjoy it!
Garlic Parmesan Chicken Wings Recipe
The below Garlic Parmesan Chicken Wings will show you how to make Garlic Parmesan Chicken Wings with very simple steps and procedure. This is the best Garlic Parmesan Chicken Wings recipe and we are showing you ingredients, steps and procedure for you
Garlic Parmesan Chicken WingsCourse: Chicken Recipes
500 grams (1/2 kilo) Chicken wings
½ tsp Salt
½ tsp Ground Pepper
½ tsp Garlic powder
½ tsp Baking powder
¼ cup All Purpose Flour
½ cup Cornstarch
2-3 tbsp Cold water
½ cup Butter, unsalted
6 cloves Garlic, minced
½ cup Parmesan cheese
Oil for deep frying
- Cut the joint between the drumette and wingette and place all the cut chicken wings in a bowl. Add salt, pepper, garlic powder, baking powder, all purpose flour and mix well. Add around 2-3 tablespoons of cold water and mix again.
- In a clean and dry plate, place the cornstarch and dredge or coat each wings with cornstarch. Shake off excess cornstarch.
- Repeat the procedure until all wings are coated. Now chickens are all ready for frying.
- Heat oil in a deep pan in a medium low heat. Fry the chicken for about 10 to 12 minutes or until golden brown. Make sure to flip the chicken to cook the other side.
- Put it a strainer or a plate with paper towel or tissue to drip or absorb the excess oil. Let it rest for about 10 minutes.
- Double fry the chicken to make it crispier. Set the heat to medium high with the used oil and fry it for about 2 to 3 minutes or until crispy and golden brown and place it in a strainer or a plate with paper towel or tissue.
- In another frying pan, melt the unsalted butter in a low heat. Add minced garlic and stir to infuse the garlic flavor.
- Cook in low heat for a few minutes until is it aromatic. Add around ¼ cup or 625 grams of parmesan cheese and stir to combine the flavor. Then add the fried chicken wings onto the butter mixture. Stir to coat well.
- Sprinkle more or the rest of the parmesan cheese and place it in a platter and serve it. Enjoy!
- You may use your bare hands when mixing the chicken mixture. Just make sure your hands are well washed.
- Be careful not to overcrowd the pan with the chickens while frying chicken as this reduces the oil temperature and can lead to an undercooked chicken.
- Make sure your chicken is not overcooked, as this will harden and dry the meat.
- Don’t melt your butter in a pre-heated pan or high heat, as this will cause your butter to burn.