This easy to do one pot dinner recipe is a breeze to make and isn’t only tasty but deliciously addicting! With just a few ingredients sautéed in a pan, boiled, and optionally topped with cheese to be broiled to give you that crispy temptingly beautiful stringy cheese crust. This chicken rice recipe is a to die for simple weekend dish when you really don’t want to exert too much energy in the day but still want something packed with flavor, or just want something to indulge into on a weekday.
Why does cheese make everything better?
How could cheese just make any dish so deliciously better? With the combination of creaminess, saltiness and fat that just wakes up the sensory locations of the mouth and tongue. Cheese is one of the best flavor and texture enhancer. Making bland looking food more attractive, fun, and sometimes transform them into an aesthetically pleasing looking dish. This ooey-gooey goodness even has a day, January 20 to celebrate it. cheese is a product made by using bacteria that digest milk sugar also called ‘lactose’, which is churned into coagulated milk that creates those sweet, salty, or stinky curds. Different bacteria are selected baked on how the fermentation process will be. These are then shaped and made into a multiple variety of cheeses depending on the method, all these, bacteria fermentation, and techniques, create a certain flavor and texture that we look for when we choose our favorite kind or type of cheese. From cream cheeses, cheddar, mozzarella, gouda, Swiss, and even pickled cheeses. This is then mixed into dishes enjoyed by itself on cheese platters, combined as a sauce or fondue, added to fried foods or fries and nachos, to top that certain dish to give it some presentation, famously added to pastas and baked dishes, and even desserts. Cheese is that famously beloved ingredient that just creates smiles with every bite.
What makes this cheesy chicken rice delicious?
A delicious classic favorite by many, this cheesy chicken rice recipe is a tried and tested dish that you shouldn’t miss! This easy dinner dish just needs some onions; garlic and oil all heat up in a pan till aromatic. Toss in the uncooked rice and stirred well till the rice has been coated with oil to really stick that aroma in the rice. Add in the peas, mushrooms, or any vegetable you’d like, and the chicken. These are all mixed together and seasoned with paprika and cumin, or any other herbs or seasoning that you prefer, paprika and cumin just gives you a strong punch of flavor and little spice to give it a slight heat. Pour in some water and a crushed Knorr chicken cube or if you have any available stock in hand. This should be enough water to cook your rice. Covered for around 15 minutes stirring the rice often to make sure everything is well cooked and the bottom of the pan won’t burn any rice or vegetables. Once the rice has cooked to it’s usual fluffy form, take this out of the heat. While we can stop here and serve this as is. This rice meal just upgrades with a few sprinkle of cheese that’s broiled in an oven till it a crispy golden brown shell covering the savory rice, sprinkled with some parsley to give it some color and enjoyed with a smile with every bite. The ultimate comfort food to relax with, watching your favorite TV show cuddled up on a couch with your favorite people, and eating scoopful of cheesy chicken rice deliciousness.
A no fuss recipe made with simple ingredients that you can even sneak in some more veggies in this versatile chicken rice dish and kids will still love it!
Cheesy Chicken RiceCourse: Main
A savory cheesy chicken-licious meal
1 tablespoon olive oil
1/3 cup onions (chopped)
1 tablespoon garlic (chopped)
1 cup uncooked rice
1/3 cup peas
1/3 cup mushrooms
2 pieces chopped chicken breasts
1 tablespoon paprika
1 tablespoon cumin
2 cups water
½ Knorr chicken cube
salt and pepper to taste
cheese for topping
- In a pan at medium heat, add oil and onions, cook till translucent. Add the garlic and cook till fragrant.
- Add the rice and stir till this is fully coated with oil. Mix in peas, mushrooms, and chicken breasts.
- Season with cumin and paprika and mix well. Pour water, stir well, add half a Knorr chicken cube and crush it in. Cover for 15 minutes. Mixing often.
- Have a taste, season with salt and pepper if needed.
- Place the rice into a baking dish and sprinkle the top with cheese.
- Bake or broil in a 375°F or 200°C preheated oven for 10-15 minutes of till the top browns.
- Sprinkle with parsley before serving.
Cheesy Chicken Rice recipe (tagalog)
- 1 kutsarang olive oil
- 1/3 tasa sibuyas (tadtad)
- 1 kutsarang bawang (tadtad)
- 1 tasa di pa lutong kanin
- 1/3 tasa gisantes
- 1/3 tasa kabute
- 2 piraso hatihati na dibdib ng mano
- 1 kutsarang paprika
- 1 kutsarang cumin
- 2 tasa tubig
- ½ Knorr chicken cube
- asin at paminta panlasa
- kaso pang itaaas
- Sa kawali na may jatamtamng init, lagyan ng olive oil at sibuyas, lutuin hanggang magmukang aninag ito. Dagdagan ang bawang at lutuin hanggang mabango.
- Isama ang kanin at lutuin hanggang napahiran nang mantika ang kanin. Haluan ito ng gisantes, kabute, at dibdib ng manok.
- Lagyan ng cumin at paprika at haluin ito ng mabuti. Buhusan ng tubig at haluin ng mabuti, lagyan ng kalahati ng Knorr chicken cube, durugin ito takpan ang kawali at haluin ng paminsan minsan.
- Lasahan ang kanin at lagyan ng asin at paminta kung kinakailangan.
- Ilugarang kanin sa baking dish at wisikan ng keso sa taas.
- Ibake o ibroil sa 375°F o 200°C na ininit na oben ng 10-15 na minuto o hanggang magkayumanggi ang itaas.
- Wisikin ng parsley bago ihanda.