Fruit Salad is one of the easiest desserts to make for special occasion. You can prepare it ahead of time and just wait it to chill and enjoy. Aside from the its yummy taste, the combination of colors of its ingredients are what makes it stand out in every occasion.
In the Philippines, people prepare fruit salad as one of their main dishes for the holiday especially Christmas and New Year. Usually made of fruit cocktail in can, nata de coco and other fruits like apple and grapes, the ingredients may vary depending on who is making. In my version, I usually add raisins and sweet corn kernels but these are totally optional. I just like the variation of taste. Sometimes, I also add cheese cubes. The hint of saltiness in the cheese somehow balance the sweetness of the cream.
Fruit SaladCourse: DessertsCuisine: Filipino
Indulge with the sweetness of fruit and creamy sauce of this fruit salad. Perfect for holiday season to enjoy with family and friends.
5 cups Fruit cocktail (drained)
1 cup Nata de coco (drained)
1/2 cup kaong
1/2 cup sweet corn kernels
1/2 cup raisins
1 cup apples (cubed)
1/2 cup cheese cubed (optional)
2 (250ml) packs all purpose cream (or heavy cream)
1 can (390g) condensed milk
- Drain all the syrup of fruit cocktail and fruit ingredients.
- In a mixing bowl, combine all the drained fruit cocktail, corn, nata de coco, kaong, raisins, apples and cheese. Mix well.
- Then, add the all purpose cream and condensed milk. Mix well. Adjust the condensed milk as needed depending on how sweet you want for your fruit salad.
- Chill for at least 4 hours before serving. Enjoy!
- Adjust as the amount of condensed milk depending on how sweet you want for the salad.
- You can use heavy cream as alternative to all purpose cream.
- Keep it refrigerated. It can last up to 3 to 5 days depending on the preparation and storage.