Egg fingers are creamy and soft on the inside and munchy crunchy on the outside is made by oil frying steamed egg sticks after coating with mixture of all purpose flour, fried chicken breading, salt, pepper and covering it with bread crumbs. Simply savoury when dipped in your favourite sauce. Best eaten as a snack or appetizer. Any egg lover would love this! Yum!
Eggs are one of my go-to foods. Whenever I don’t feel like eating anything, eggs are always to the rescue. Eggs are a regular staple in my pantry. I would literally panic if we ran out of eggs.
Eggs for me are the most flexible ingredient. It can be boiled, fried, steamed, and used in baking, coating and many more. But if you might ask me, a simple sunny side up seasoned with some salt and pepper will always be my al-time favorite type of eggs. The best ones are the runny ones!
I really get excited when I learn new recipes from the internet. Egg fingers is one of the new trends in the homemade snack business industry. I actually saw this recipe from one of my Facebook groups. A lot of the members have been trying them and of course, I wanted to join the hype. I realized that all of us in the house is an “egg person” so they might love it when I try making some at home.
By just watching other egg finger cooking videos from the internet, making them was an easy job for me. I really like crispy coated finger foods and I can’t wait to make it! And with just one try, my family loved this crispy and creamy egg fingers. The different textures offered by the crust and the core makes it an addicting dish! It is very convenient to eat and I would like to experiment it on a variety of dipping sauces.
If you want a quick guide on how to make the soft on the inside and crispy on the outside egg fingers, continue reading the recipe below.
HOW TO MAKE EGG FINGERS
Prepare your eggs for some adventure today. Aside from the usual boiled or fried, our eggs will go through a few simple processes before we can enjoy these crispy and soft egg fingers.
If you’re familiar with potato fingers, chicken fingers and cheese fingers, you’ll most likely have an idea on what we are going to do today.
Start the egg fingers by steaming the eggs in a heat-proof container. In this recipe, I used a llanera. I greased the surfaces for the eggs not to stick at the bottom. Beat the eggs and season, and then steam. After steaming, the beaten eggs will be firm but still soft. Try to prick the center of the egg with a toothpick and it should come out clean. Cut the steamed eggs into finger-like sticks. When done, prepare the coatings.
We will use three types of coatings for our egg fingers—the flour mixture, the beaten eggs, and the crushed cheese crackers. Dredge the egg sticks on each of the coatings before frying. Deep-fry the egg sticks until golden brown and crispy.
Enjoy your crispy egg fingers with your favorite dipping sauce. I recommend tomato ketchup!
Egg Fingers Recipe
Below you can find the best Egg Fingers Recipe that will guide you step by step to make most tasty and delicious Egg Fingers you ever made. The Egg Fingers Recipe is with Egg Fingers Ingredients and will show you how to make Egg Fingers with simple and easy steps
Egg FingersCourse: Easy Meals
- For the steamed egg:
salt and pepper to taste
- For the coating:
½ cup bread crumbs / crushed cheese flavoured crackers
½ cup all purpose flour
1 tablespoon fried chicken breading (optional)
½ teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- For the steamed eggs:
- Crack the eggs into a bowl and season with salt and pepper. Beat gently and mix well.
- Grease the llanera with some oil. Pour the beaten eggs into the llanera.
- Cover the llanera with aluminum foil to prevent steam water from dripping.
- Steam the beaten eggs for 8 minutes using low heat.
- After 8 minutes, do the toothpick test to check if the eggs are fully-cooked.
- Remove the steamed eggs from the llanera and transfer them to a chopping board and cut into sticks.
- For the coating:
- Prepare three shallow plates.
- For the first plate, crush the cheese-flavored crackers.
- For the second plate, combine the flour, fried chicken breading, salt and pepper. Mix well.
- For the last plate, crack an egg and beat well.
- Coat the egg sticks using this path: beaten eggs – flour – beaten eggs – bread crumbs. Repeat these steps with the rest of the egg sticks.
- Deep fry the coated egg sticks until golden brown. Flip to cook the other side.
- Transfer them to a paper towel to drain excess oil.
- Serve your crispy egg sticks with your favorite dipping sauce and enjoy!
Egg Fingers Recipe (TAGALOG)
Para sa steamed egg:
- 4 itlog
- asin at paminta
Para sa coating:
- ½ tasa ng bread crumbs / crushed cheese flavoured crackers
- ½ tasa ng harina
- 1 kutsara ng fried chicken breading (optional)
- ½ kutsaritang asin
- ½ kutsaritang paminta
- 1 itlog
Para sa steamed eggs:
- Batihin ang itlog sa isang bowl at budburan ng asin at paminta.
- I-brush ng konting mantika ang llanera. Ilagay ang mga binating itlog.
- Takpan ang llanera gamit ang aluminum foil para hindi matuluan ng water drippings.
- I-steam ang itlog ng 8 minuto gamit ang mababang apoy.
- Pagkatapos ng 8 minuto, gawin ang toothpick test para ma-check kung luto na ang itlog.
- Alisin ang steamed eggs sa llanera at ilipat sa chopping board. Hatiin ito sa matatabang sticks.
Para sa coating:
- Maghanda ng tatlong mababang pinggan.
- Sa unang pinggam, ilagay ang dinurog na cheese-flavored crackers.
- Sa pangalawang pinggan, paghaluin ang harina, fried chicken breading, asin at paminta. Haluin ng mabuti.
- Sa huling pinggan, magbati ng isang itlog.
- I-coat ang egg sticks sa ganitong paraan: itlog – harina – itlog – bread crumbs. Gawin ang mga steps na ito sa iba pang egg sticks.
- I-deep fry ang mga coated egg sticks hanggang maging golden brown. Baliktarin para maluto ang kabilang side.
- Ilipat ang mga fried egg sticks sa paper towel para tumulo ang sobrang mantika.
- I-serve ang crispy egg sticks kasama ang iyong favorite dipping sauce. Enjoy!