Garlic butter shrimp is a very flavorful yummy shrimp recipe that the whole family would enjoy! It is a combination of buttery and garlicky flavor, partnered with sweetness of lime soda. What’s more is that it is very easy to make, you’ll taste the goodness of it within a few minutes!
Garlic & Butter Combo
Who wouldn’t love the taste of combined flavor of garlic and butter? You’ll have it in this garlic butter shrimp recipe! This can be a perfect dish if you love shrimps as well. As we all know, shrimp cooks fast, making this recipe a go-to if you want to make something quick yet tasty.
HOW TO COOK GARLIC BUTTER SHRIMP
Start the cooking by washing and cleaning the shrimp. In this recipe, we didn’t de-shell the shrimps and we keep the head intact as most of its flavor comes from the head. We just wanna make sure to devein it and remove the antenna.
After washing, soak it with lemon soda (be it sprite or 7up, whatever available). This will give more flavor to the shrimp. Soak it for at least 30 minutes.
Next step is the actual cooking. Instead of using oil to saute’s the shrimp and garlic, we used butter for extra goodness. Melt some butter in the pan. Then, saute the garlic on it until aromatic. In this point, you can add the marinated shrimps (separate it from the marinade first).
Toss it and stir occasionally until the shrimps turns orange. Like I mentioned, shrimp is quick to cook. After the shrimp changes color, remove it from the pan and set aside to prevent from being overcooked while cooking the sauce.
In the same pan, pour the marinade. Add the ketchup and oyster sauce. Stir and cook it until the sauce becomes thicker. After that, put the cooked shrimp back to the pan then season with salt and pepper depending on your taste. Just toss it to coat the shrimp with the sauce and cook for another 1 minute.
After cooking, transfer to a serving dish. Complete the look by garnishing with chopped spring onions. Enjoy!
Garlic Butter Shrimp
500 grams Shrimp
4 tablespoon butter (unsalted)
7 cloves garlic (minced)
2 tablespoon oyster sauce
3 tablespoon banana ketchup
300ml Sprite (lemon soda)
Salt & pepper to taste
Spring onions (for garnish)
- Clean and wash the shrimp well. Then, place in a bowl. Pour the sprite and soak for at least 30 minutes.
- After 30 minutes, separate the shrimp from the sprite. Reserve the sprite for later.
- In a pan, melt the butter. Add the minced garlic and sauté until fragrant. Then, add in the shrimps. Stir for a bit. Cook until the color turns orange. Stir occasionally to cook evenly.
- When the shrimp turns orange, remove it from the pan to avoid overcooking. Then, pour the reserved sprite in the pan. Add banana ketchup and oyster sauce. Cook until the sauce becomes thicker.
- When the sauce becomes thickened, put the shrimp back to the pan. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Stir a bit and cook for another 1 minute. Remove from heat.
- Serve and garnish with chopped spring onions.