Lasagna is an Italian dish and can be made in various ways and using different ingredients. Here we are going to discuss the recipe of Potato Lasagna. Potato Lasagna is a classic lasagna with a twist. Here we use potatoes instead of pasta and trust us, it tastes amazing. This dish is perfect for dinners and can be enjoyed with family. Even kids love it as it has a lot of cheese and kids love cheese! So, let’s begin with our Potato Lasagna recipe.
How to make potato Lasagna?
We will begin with peeling the potatoes. Once peeled, wash it properly and slice the potatoes in round shapes. Now take a pan of clean water, and put the potatoes to boil. Add 1 tsp salt in it. Wait for 10 minutes until the potatoes are boiled properly. Slowly test the potatoes, if they are ready to take off from the pan, turn off the flame and transfer the boiled potatoes to a bowl. Let it cool for some time.
Meanwhile, we will prepare the white sauce for lasagna.
To prepare the white sauce, take a pan and put it on the gas. Set it to medium flame. Put butter and all-purpose flour in it. Stir it till it looks like a paste, maybe for 40 seconds to 1 minute. Make sure it does not burn or start to turn orange. Now add the evaporated milk in it as your stir to mix it with the paste. Once the milk blend with the paste, add the all-purpose cream to it. Now add nutmeg, white pepper and salt (according to you taste) in it. Stir and cook until it turns in to a thick sauce. It might take 2-3 minutes. Once done, turn off the flame and keep it aside.
Now we will begin to make our lasagna!
Take a flat-base container that is oven friendly. Now arrange boiled potato slices at the base of it. You need to spread the potatoes to make a layer of it. Spread the white sauce on the layer of potatoes. Now take the mozzarella cheese and grate it all over. Put the chop ham and bacon on it. Again, grate a layer of mozzarella cheese on it. Repeat the process of creating layers 2 more times (potatoes, grate cheese, ham & bacon, again cheese and repeat), till it reaches to the top of the dish/utensil. It your dish/utensil is shallow, then 2 layers of the ingredients will be sufficient. On the top of it, put lots of cheese and the lasagna is ready to bake.
In a pre-heated over, bake the lasagna for 35 minutes or bake until the top is golden and crispy. Suggested temperature is 170c.
Once baked, let it cool for 5 minutes and your yummy tasty Potato Lasagna is ready!
Cut it in square portions, serve and enjoy!
Potato LasagnaCourse: Uncategorized
5 pcs potato
1 whole cheese
2 cup mozzarella cheese
5 pcs chop ham
5 pcs chop bacon
370 ml evaporated milk
120 ml all-purpose cream
2 tsp butter
3 tsp all-purpose flour
½ tsp nutmeg
salt and pepper to taste
- Peel the Potatoes, cut in slices and boil
- Take an empty pan. On a medium flame, put butter and all-purpose flour in it. Mix well.
- Add evaporated milk, all-purpose cream, nutmeg, white pepper and salt in it. Make sure you mix well after adding milk to the paste and then add other ingredients.
- Take the oven dish and create layers. First spread the slices of boil potatoes. Then put the white sauce over it. Grate the mozzarella cheese on it. Then put a layer of ham and bacon on it. Again grate the cheese on it. Repeat this to make 3 layers. On the top most layer, put lots of cheese.
- Bake it in a pre-heated oven at 170c for 35 minutes or until the top is golden and crispy
- Lasagna is ready to serve! Enjoy