Warm your heart with your favorite childhood soup. The chicken macaroni soup is a creamy chicken soup with soft macaroni pasta loaded with vegetables and hotdogs.
CHICKEN MACARONI SOUP
Chicken macaroni soup has been a part of every Filipino’s childhood. When your lola calls you and says “the sopas is ready”, it is more likely the chicken macaroni soup. Who would have thought that a macaroni pasta works well in a soup? With the soft and tender macaroni pasta swimming in a luscious creamy chicken broth, this is best enjoyed during the cold season.
Most chicken macaroni soups are made for personal consumption. But you can actually make this creamy soup to sell for people on-the-go as their breakfast.
HOW TO COOK CHICKEN MACARONI SOUP
This piping hot bowl of chicken soup is a one-pot dish which is very simple to make. Start by sautéing the hotdogs. They must be cooked before added to the soup for later. Saute the aromatics and the chicken. The heart of this recipe will be the broth. We will make effort to make the broth very flavorful but light at the same time. Season it with chicken broth cube for extra chicken flavor, pepper and fish sauce. Add enough water and the macaroni pasta once boiling. The extra starch from macaroni will thicken the broth nicely. Add the rest of the ingredients until the soup is set. Serve the creamy chicken macaroni soup in a serving bowl. Eat it while it with your friends and family on a nice cold morning. Enjoy!
Chicken Macaroni SoupCourse: Chicken Recipes, Soup Recipes
2 cups elbow macaroni
¼ kilo chicken
1 cup evaporated milk
1 onion (minced)
4 cloves of garlic (minced)
5 pieces regular hotdogs (sliced)
1 teaspoon ground black pepper
2 tablespoons fish sauce
1 piece chicken broth cube
½ cup carrot (cut into strips)
2 cups cabbage
1 tablespoon butter or margarine
oil (for sautéing)
5 cups water
- Heat some oil in a pan. Add the sliced hotdogs and sauté until brown. Transfer the hotdogs to a container.
- Melt some butter in the same pan. Sauté some onions and garlic until fragrant and light brown.
- Add the chicken and sauté until brown. Season with pepper. Add the chicken broth cube and fish sauce.
- Add the water. Cover the pan and let it boil.
- Add the uncooked elbow macaroni. Cover the pan and let it cook until the macaroni pasta becomes soft. Add the carrot strips and let it simmer for 3 to 5 minutes.
- Add the cabbage and the hotdogs. Stir gently until well-combined. Add the evaporated milk and stir well. Let it cook for 3 to 5 minutes.
- Transfer the chicken macaroni soup to a serving bowl. Enjoy it while it’s hot!
How to Cook Chicken Macaroni Soup (SOPAS RECIPE TAGALOG)
- 2 tasa ng elbow macaroni
- ¼ kilo ng manok
- 1 tasa ng evaporated milk
- 1 sibuyas (hiniwa ng maliliit)
- 4 butil ng bawang (hiniwa ng maliliit)
- 5 piraso ng hotdogs (hiniwa)
- 1 kutsarita ng durog na paminta
- 2 kutsara ng patis
- 1 piraso ng chicken broth cube
- ½ tasa ng carrot (hiniwa ng strips)
- 2 tasa ng repolyo
- 1 kutsara ng butter o margarine
- mantika (pang-gisa)
- 5 tasa ng tubig
- Magpainit ng mantika. Ilagay ang hiniwang hotdogs at igisa hanggang maging brown. Ilipat ang mga hotdog sa isang lalagyan.
- Magtunaw ng butter sa parehas na kawali. Mag-gisa ng sibuyas at bawang hanggang maging light brown.
- Ilagay ang manok at igisa hanggang maging brown. Budburan ng paminta. Ilagay ang chicken broth cube at patis.
- Ilagay ang tubig. Takpan ang kawali at hayaan itong kumulo.
- Ilagay ang elbow macaroni. Takpan ang kawali at hayaan itong maluto hanggang lumambot ang macaroni pasta. Ilagay ang carrot strips at hayaan itong maluto ng 3 hanggang 5 minuto.
- Ilagay ang repolyo at hotdogs. Haluin ng mabuti. Ilagay ang evaporated milk at hayaan itong maluto ng 3 hanggang 5 minuto.
- Ilagay ang chicken macaroni soup sa isang serving bowl. Kainin ito habang mainit. Enjoy!