This bread popcorn is made by toasting bread pieces and coating with caramelized sugar and butter. Bread popcorn is a popular snack all over the world and is considered kid’s all-time favourite. This snack is made up of small bites of toasted bread coated with a sweet and lovely caramel syrup. Perfect for your movie night with your kids!
If you’re a fan of K-drama series, you might have seen some characters snacking with bread popcorn. Bread popcorn has been prepared in a lot of places in the world but was more popularized by Koreans as their street food snack. This sweet and sticky treat is light in the tummy and can ultimately satisfy your sweet tooth cravings. Personally, the buttery and rich flavor of the bread popcorns sometimes convince me that they are better than the classic caramel popcorn.
Even before knowing about bread popcorns, I had this light bulb idea of making a sweet toasted bread when I accidentally dipped my croutons in some honey. Instead of spreading some sweet jam in a toasted bread, why not make s bite-size version of it with my favorite caramel syrup? It was then that I learned that bread popcorns is a worldwide craze! I still felt a kind of inventive which is why I will share my personal tried and tested recipe with you. If you want a guide on how to make this quick and easy snack, read the recipe below and try to make some today!
HOW TO MAKE BREAD POPCORN
Unlike the popping sessions when making a regular popcorn, these bread popcorns are made with ease and peace. Start by preparing your bread. The slices of load bread are the ones commonly used in making bread popcorns since they can be cubed easier. Bread popcorn is another recipe in which you can use leftover bread and transform it into a sweet treat. Cut your bread into small pieces, half inch size is good. Toast your bread cubes by slightly frying it. If you don’t want to use oil, you can use a toaster or an air-fryer. When the toasted bread cubes are ready, set them aside and we’ll make our caramel sauce.
Caramel sauce is made by simply mixing sugar and water until it caramelizes. For a buttery flavor, melt some butter before the sauce gets thick. Beware not to use a high flame to prevent the sugar from burning. Coat the toasted bread cubes with the caramel syrup.
The last thing to do is to let the bread popcorn sit for a bit for the coating to dry. You can just leave it at your counter to air dry, chill them or toast them again. Serve the bread popcorn with some hot milk and enjoy your movie night!
Aside from personal consumption, you can also sell these sweet treats. Make sure to pack the bread popcorn in an air-tight container to preserve its crunchiness.
Bread Popcorn Recipe
This best bread popcorn recipe will show you how to make tasty and delicious bread popcorn for your family and friends. Bread popcorn is a popular snack all over the world and is considered kid’s all-time favorite. This snack is made up of small bites of toasted bread coated with a sweet and lovely caramel syrup.
Bread PopcornCourse: Snacks
2 slices of bread
4 tablespoons white sugar
2 tablespoons water
1 tablespoon unsalted butter
2 tablespoons milk
- Prepare the slices of bread and cut them into bite-sized pieces.
- Heat some oil in a pan using medium heat. Toast the bread cubes until they achieve a golden color. Set aside.
- On the same pan, add the sugar and water. Let the sugar dissolve without stirring. Once the sugar melts and has a yellow tint, add the butter. When the butter has melted, add the milk. Stir the syrup until you achieve a thick consistency.
- Bring the toasted bread back to the pan and toss gently to coat with the caramel syrup. Let it cook until all the syrup has been absorbed.
- Line a pan with parchment paper. Transfer the bread popcorn to the pan and leave it to dry at room temperature or in the fridge for 10 to 15 minutes until the coating hardens. You may also toast the bread popcorn in the toaster for 10 to 12 minutes using 360F or 180C.
- Let the bread popcorn cool a bit before serving. Serve with some hot milk or coffee and enjoy!
Bread Popcorn Recipe (TAGALOG)
- 2 slices ng tinapay
- 4 kutsara ng asukal na puti
- 2 kutsara ng tubig
- 1 kutsara ng unsalted butter
- 2 kutsara ng gatas
- Ihanda ang mga slices ng tinapay at gupitin ang mga ito sa bite-sized pieces.
- Magpainit ng kaunting mantika gamit ang katamtamang apoy. Tustahin ang mga tinapay hanggang maging golden brown. Ilipat ang mga tinapay sa isang lalagyan.
- Sa parehas na kawali, ilagay ang asukal at tubig. Hayaang matunaw ang asukal nang hindi hinahalo. Kapag natunaw na ang asukal, ilagay ang butter. Tunawin ang butter at ilagay ang gatas. Haluin ang syrup hanggang lumapot.
- Ilagay ang toasted bread sa kawali at haluin ng dahan-dahan para malagyan ng caramel syrup. Hayaan itong maluto hanggang ma-absorb ng tinapay ang lahat ng syrup.
- Maglagay ng parchment paper sa isang pan. Ilipat dito ang bread popcorn at hayaan itong matuyo. Pwede ring ilagay sa ref ng 10 hanggang 15 minuto hanggang tumigas ang coating. Pwede mo ring tustuahin ulit ang bread popcorn sa toaster ng 10 hanggang 12 minuto gamit ang 360F o 180C.
- Palamigin ang bread popcorn bago kainin. Ihain kasama ang mainit na gatas o kape. Enjoy!